Women's Basketball Attendence/Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Women's Basketball Attendence/Marketing

As discussed, the recent roadtrip with wins over Minnesota and Gonzaga should produce a Top 25 Ranking for the first time in DI program history. Attendence usually is predicated on a tradition of winning which the Jacks have done consistently since transitioning. The casual fans are needed to take the attendence from 2800 to 4000-5000. The women and coaches have done what they can to market their program with their level of play and wins over solid competition. Fans certainly showed up for postseason play the last 2 years with near sell outs so we know the interest is there. If you were the SDSU Administration what would you do from a Marketing perspective to capitalize on the buzz of SDSU Women's Basketball and fill Frost Arena for the remaining non-conference and conference games to make it a real home court advantage down the stretch leading up to the conference tournament. The team certainly has earned that level of support. What can we do as fans? The women will certainly have a target on their back every night from here on out with every team out to see how they measure up and pull off the upset.

Re: Women's Basketball Attendence/Marketing

I think to start next semester there needs to be a residential hall night. This will get the students in the stands and hopefully they will see how much fun the women are to watch and hopefully will make some noise and make Frost into a place that opponents hate to come. Also, I thought Gonzagas paint the kennel red promotion for our game with them was a great idea. Why not have a "Frost Out" (I know the term White Out is trademarker). I think this would be a lot of fun and it would be a step towards a D1 game atmosphere because so many larger schools do this kind of promotion. Talking to students around campus its frusterating because so few of them realize that the conference tournament is in our state! I think some of this has to do with Micah leaving I am excited for the new guy from Maine to start next semester and hopefully that will rejuvinate the Jacks Fanatics. The campus student association is looking at ideas to get students active and involved at the games. Does anyone have any ideas that we can use to get student interest back up?
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

We were both thinking along the same lines since we started new threads at about the same time.

The biggest thing is to just take advantage of as much exposure as possible over the next couple weeks. This is a huge story and the media in all forms will cover it very well. That should see a spike in attendance. That will stoke a lot of water cooler talk.

It is hard to go out and do more advertising. That costs a lot of $$$$$ and could eat up any additional revenue.

The hardcore fans on here can move the needle by bringing people to the games. It's kind of preaching to the choir on here but those we can expose to Jackrabbit athletics that haven't had that experience in the last few years can't help but be impressed.

Exciting times!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

An historic week with home games and Christmas break starting. How will this affect attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          An historic week with home games and Christmas break starting. How will this affect attendance.
          I think with finals and only one home game for the women being on Wednesday, attendance will be poor.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
            . Why not have a "Frost Out" (I know the term White Out is trademarker).
            Frost Bite Nite

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I am bringing three USD guys to the game on Sunday! Is that marketing? I need to get courtside seats and have the Rabbit pull them out of the crowd and lead a cheer!

Funny thing is that they asked to come!

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                I am bringing three USD guys to the game on Sunday! Is that marketing? I need to get courtside seats and have the Rabbit pull them out of the crowd and lead a cheer!

Funny thing is that they asked to come!
                They are awesome to watch. I hate WBB and am a USD fan and my roommate is too, but we both agreed that watching SDSU's women was a ton of fun. They are a great team.
                Originally posted by JackFan96
                Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Yesterday afternoon did anyone else feel like the air went out of their body and watching sports on tv and the mens game on the internet just wasnt as fun. Kinda like the flat feeling the men were playing with. I felt like the adrenaline rush from listening to the girls play this week and those two great victories just crashed around 4 oclock eastern,3 central. Whats even worse is there is no Jackrabbit womens basketball until wednesday.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                    They are awesome to watch. I hate WBB and am a USD fan and my roommate is too, but we both agreed that watching SDSU's women was a ton of fun. They are a great team.
                    There are two of you on campus?
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Working...
                    X