ORU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ORU Game Thread

This is the play that I expect from this team of sharpshooting defensive experts. The lead in rebounds at 6:37 left is 39-26.

Jacks up by 30, 65-35

66-35 after Wark hits 1 of 2.

Oistad picks up 4th foul, ORU shooter misses front end of 1&1.

Comment

And Wark has 17 of those rebounds.

Comment

ORU has NO INTENSITY to try to get back into this game.

Jacks still moving ball well, I believe all 11 players have been in. 8 of the Jacks have scored.

After ORU hits a wide open 3, Jacks lead back down to 31 with 3:15 left.

Comment

It's a wrap by 24,

76-52

VERY SOLID GAME LADIES!

Comment

Had to leave after the women's game because we had a sitter. ORU wasn't in the game at all and was completely overmatched throughout. If that was the second or third-best team in the league, it's going to be a very long year for everybody but SDSU. Imagine if we were at full strength.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

great game;
              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                Had to leave after the women's game because we had a sitter. ORU wasn't in the game at all and was completely overmatched throughout. If that was the second or third-best team in the league, it's going to be a very long year for everybody but SDSU. Imagine if we were at full strength.
                Agreed, how was anyone else receiving first place votes?? Oral Roberts had three first place votes this game wasn't close from the get go. AJ was pleased during the post game interview, but he knows they still have some things to work on.

Comment

Just got home from the games. As others have noted, if ORU was the second or third best, preseason, in the Summit League, we are really at risk for just killing everyone in the conference. A big challenge for the team and coaches will be somehow keeping sharp for facing post-season competition.

Comment

Originally posted by ColoradoJack View Post
                    I have 'tuned' into the threads of the previous games. You guys do a good deed in giving me the updates of the game. I am 10.5 hours ahead of Brookings, stationed in Afghanistan. I read the threads of the game usually once I wake up in the morning. Keep it up and GO JACKS!!!

ColoradoJack,

Be very proud that you are serving your country. I am very proud that you are and that is coming from a vet like myself. Be safe until April and again thank you very much.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                      Just got home from the games. As others have noted, if ORU was the second or third best, preseason, in the Summit League, we are really at risk for just killing everyone in the conference. A big challenge for the team and coaches will be somehow keeping sharp for facing post-season competition.
                      It will be interesting to see how ORU and NDSU women turn out Monday in Fargo. I agree if ORU is one of the top three teams in the Summit the Jacks biggest challenge will be staying sharp. Can't wait to see this team healthy and clicking on all cylinders. Just has to scare the you know what out of other teams in our league. We will not garner very many RPI points within our conference and that speaks volumes as to how important the preconference wins were. Plus, MN and Gonzago upcoming will be our last chance to make a significant impression on the polsters. Its to bad we won't be at full strength. But this team ia very deep and talented. You just got to love watching these ladies play team basketball! Good luck next week ladies as Jackrabbit nation will be watching and listening.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        It will be interesting to see how ORU and NDSU women turn out Monday in Fargo. I agree if ORU is one of the top three teams in the Summit the Jacks biggest challenge will be staying sharp. Can't wait to see this team healthy and clicking on all cylinders. Just has to scare the you know what out of other teams in our league. We will not garner very many RPI points within our conference and that speaks volumes as to how important the preconference wins were. Plus, MN and Gonzago upcoming will be our last chance to make a significant impression on the polsters. Its to bad we won't be at full strength. But this team ia very deep and talented. You just got to love watching these ladies play team basketball! Good luck next week ladies as Jackrabbit nation will be watching and listening.

GBGBGJ
                        I think we suffered against Creighton last year because we hadn't been tested in weeks by that point. This is where senior leadership will be important in keeping the team from becoming complacent.
                        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                        X