Centenary Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Centenary Game Thread

Well the ladies kick off the conference season tomorrow night against the Catahoulas of Centenary.
    Game time is 5:00. The game should be midway through the first half IMHO.

GO BIG! GO BLUE!!! GO JACKS!!!!

Re: Centenary Game Thread

I wonder which will be worse, the first 10 minutes of this game, or the first 10 of the ND v USD game.

I know, I know, it is not a smack thread. I've already given myself lashes with a wet noodle.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

This is a Catahoula, our first victim in Conference play.

Comment

http://www.brookingsregister.com/V2_...d=3602&page=77
        A little preview about the women's game tomorrow:
        After going 6-1 in its first seven games, all against big-name schools, the South Dakota State women's basketball team turns its attention to conference play.

The Jacks open up conference play Thursday night against Centenary in the opening game of a doubleheader with the men's teams from the two schools. The women are set to tip-off at 5 p.m.

The matchup between the Jacks and the Ladies pits the team picked to win the league the Jacks and the team to finish last the Ladies. So far both teams are doing exactly what is expected of them. The Jacks are off to a fast start with their only loss coming a week ago to nationally ranked Maryland in the Caribbean Challenge. While the Jacks have won six games, they have struggled shooting the basketball at times and trailed in every game except against Oregon. SDSU is shooting more than 40 percent from the field on the season, but in each of its first three games had a half where the Jacks shot under 30 percent from the field.

Comment

A preview article in the Argus of the beginning of Summit League play by Terry:

SDSU readies for Summit play
          Jacks face Centenary in opener
          Terry Vandrovec • December 4, 2008

The road to Sioux Falls starts today as conference play gets underway in the Summit League.

South Dakota State opens with home doubleheaders against Centenary and Oral Roberts today and Saturday, respectively, feeling more aware of what to expect having been through the league once and motivated by being eligible for the conference tournament for the first time.

The 16-team event will be held March 7-10 at the Arena - the first of a two-year agreement - with the two winners advancing to the NCAA Division I championships.

"I think non-conference is really good and meaningful, but there's nothing like playing conference games," Jackrabbits women's coach Aaron Johnston said. "It just bring a little more focus, a little more intensity and I'm excited to play a couple here this weekend."

(read more)

Comment

from tonights game notes....Entering his ninth season as head coach of the South Dakota State University women's basketball team, Aaron Johnston has taken the Jackrabbit program to the top of NCAA Division II and has led SDSU through a successful transition into the ranks of Division I.
            Johnston enters Thursday's game with Centenary in search of his 200th career victory as he has compiled a career record of 199-63 (.760 winning percentage).

I'm no math major but 199 wins...8+ seasons
            199/8=24.875 wins per season.

Come to Frost tonight and watch another step in the Johnston Legacy!

Comment

According to AJ on the sportshow this morning, no Maria Boever tonight or Saturday, and maybe into next week, due to an illness. That means we are down two starters this weekend and possibly against Minnesota and Gonzaga.
              "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbitears View Post
                Come to Frost tonight and watch another step in the Johnston Legacy!
                Just getting ready to leave Yankton and head to Btown for a little Christmas shopping at the bookstore, lunch at Cubbies w/ SDSU daughter and Women's and Men's games tonight.

Comment

By the way...Jacks are up 27-10, halftime. 2-15 from 3pt. land...ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    By the way...Jacks are up 27-10, halftime. 2-15 from 3pt. land...ouch!
                    Yeah, and Centenary scored 4 pts in something like the last 14 minutes of the half and teams are a combined 9-52 from the field. Talk about some boring basketball!

Comment

Man....imagine the lead SDSU would have if they were shooting decent.
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Is it still halftime?
                        The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

47-28, 11 min. left.

Comment

Was the officiating bad tonight? My video just popped up and I believe AJ got a T. What was the deal?

Comment

It's a win.

Comment

Working...
                              X