AJ is a voting Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ is a voting Coach

I did not know that AJ was one of the coach's that votes on the ESPN/USA Today's coaches poll.

The USA TODAY/ESPN Board of Coaches is made up of 31 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the Women's Basketball Coaches Association. The board for the 2008-09 season: Agnus Berenato, Pittsburgh; Patricia Cage-Bibbs, North Carolina A&T; Pam Borton, Minnesota; Sandy Botham, Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Brian Boyer, Arkansas State; Lynn Bria, Stetson; Kenny Brooks, James Madison; Royce Chadwick, Marshall; Stephanie DeWolfe, St. Peter's; Dana Eikenberg, Southern Illinois; Elaine Eliott, Utah; Sharon Fanning, Mississippi State; Julie Goodenough, Charleston Southern; Sue Guevara, Central Michigan; Maryalyce Jeremiah, Cal State-Fullerton; Aaron Johnston, South Dakota State; Nate Kilbert, Mississippi Valley State; Gela Mikalauskas, Wagner; Mike Morris, Samford; Dan Muscatell, Sacramento State; Lee Ann Riley, Stephen F. Austin; Jennifer Rizzotti, Hartford; Julie Rousseau, Pepperdine; Brady Sallee, Eastern Illinois; Sue Semrau, Florida State; Michael Shafer, Richmond; Dayna Smith, Cornell; Tammy Smith, Lafayette; Cindy Stein, Missouri; LaVonda Wagner, Oregon State; Adrian Wiggins, Fresno State.

Re: AJ is a voting Coach

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
    I did not know that AJ was one of the coach's that votes on the ESPN/USA Today's coaches poll.

The USA TODAY/ESPN Board of Coaches is made up of 31 head coaches at Division I institutions. All are members of the Women's Basketball Coaches Association. The board for the 2008-09 season: Agnus Berenato, Pittsburgh; Patricia Cage-Bibbs, North Carolina A&T; Pam Borton, Minnesota; Sandy Botham, Wisconsin-Milwaukee; Brian Boyer, Arkansas State; Lynn Bria, Stetson; Kenny Brooks, James Madison; Royce Chadwick, Marshall; Stephanie DeWolfe, St. Peter's; Dana Eikenberg, Southern Illinois; Elaine Eliott, Utah; Sharon Fanning, Mississippi State; Julie Goodenough, Charleston Southern; Sue Guevara, Central Michigan; Maryalyce Jeremiah, Cal State-Fullerton; Aaron Johnston, South Dakota State; Nate Kilbert, Mississippi Valley State; Gela Mikalauskas, Wagner; Mike Morris, Samford; Dan Muscatell, Sacramento State; Lee Ann Riley, Stephen F. Austin; Jennifer Rizzotti, Hartford; Julie Rousseau, Pepperdine; Brady Sallee, Eastern Illinois; Sue Semrau, Florida State; Michael Shafer, Richmond; Dayna Smith, Cornell; Tammy Smith, Lafayette; Cindy Stein, Missouri; LaVonda Wagner, Oregon State; Adrian Wiggins, Fresno State.
    It looks to me that there is 1 coach selected per conference with Independants not getting a vote. Not sure why AJ was selected for the Summit, maybe he volunteered for it or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
      It looks to me that there is 1 coach selected per conference with Independants not getting a vote. Not sure why AJ was selected for the Summit, maybe he volunteered for it or something.
      Maybe the coach of the team that wins the conference the previous year is expected to be the voting member. That would make sense to me but what do I know.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        Maybe the coach of the team that wins the conference the previous year is expected to be the voting member. That would make sense to me but what do I know.
        I thought that for a minute too but Pittsburgh, Minnesota and Missouri coaches are on the list and I don't believe any of them won their conferences.

Comment

Could be a Summit rule/tradition

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
            Could be a Summit rule/tradition
            That is what I was thinking. Maybe they rotate it, too. I honestly have no idea. Maybe TV can find out or maybe he knows.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
            X