2007-2008 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007-2008 Schedule

Well the Preseason WNIT has been in contact with us about playing in it next years. So let's start off the talk about the schedule for next year.

Re: 2007-2008 Schedule

Originally posted by thebluehatman
    Well the Preseason WNIT has been in contact with us about playing in it next years. So let's start off the talk about the schedule for next year.
    Let's wait til the season is over!  Thank you

Comment

There is not a lot going on right now on the court or field. We have to wait until Monday to talk about the WNIT, so I think Bluehat like myself just wants something else to discuss. Our womens team is going to have a challenge getting BCS schools on the schedule due to their success and also having 18 games set in stone with the new conference. Any chance to get BCS and top mid-major programs will be a plus.
      Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by thebluehatman

Let's see next years schedule:
        Kansas and Missouri at home
        Mid-Con nine home nine away
        Preseason WNIT at least one game
        and then some.
        Add a trip to Oregon and a trip to Northern Iowa to the schedule.
        Plus possibly UC-Davis, UC-Irvine, Western Kentucky, Arkansas State, Kent State at home.
        That's 28 at least right there.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks r us
          [quote author=thebluehatman link=1173276242/0#0 date=1173276241]Well the Preseason WNIT has been in contact with us about playing in it next years. So let's start off the talk about the schedule for next year.
          Let's wait til the season is over! Thank you[/quote]

We have talked about the 2008 and 2009 (and even a bit beyond) football schedules long before the 2006 season was over. I don't see a problem talking about next year's schedule, especially since there aren't any SDSU basketball games this week.

In addition, there has to be a significant amount of forward thinking for scheduling on the part of coaches so they can consistently create a good schedule. It can be an advantage for AJ and Laurie (or any SDSU coach) when they're recruiting to say that we'll be playing Minnesota or Kansas in the next few years.

Comment

Can't wait til next year even though the season isn't close to being over yet. The schedule will look pretty good.

Comment

Changes to the WNIT preseason tournament:

http://www.womensnit.com/interest.htm

The event is changing to a three-game guarantee format beginning in 2007. All games, including the semifinals and championship, are hosted by participating schools at their home facility.
              The initial round of the event will involve eight sites hosted by participating institutions. The winner’s bracket will look identical to past Preseason tournaments.
              First Round Winners
              The eight Round One winners will continue on in traditional bracket play, with half of them hosting the other half in separate host sites. The winning teams will continue on, with separate host sites throughout the semifinals and championship. The two teams in the championship game will play four games in the tournament.
              First Round Losers
              The eight teams who lose their first games will be re-grouped into “Consolation bracket quads,” which will be two four-team pools. One team in each pool will be selected to host the other three teams. Each team will play two games for a total of three in the tournament. These are called Consolation Rounds 1 and 2.
              Quarterfinal Round Losers (from original bracket)
              Of the four quarterfinal teams, two teams will be selected to host one of the other quarterfinal round losers in a single game at separate sites. This game provides the third game for each of these schools. This round is Consolation Round 3. (read more)

Comment

Out of my own curiosity, I decided to look up last years WNIT to see what teams participated. Purdue won the title over Baylor.

http://www.womensnit.com/2006_wnit.htm

First Round:
                Purdue 67, Belmont 43
                Iona 66, St. John’s 56
                N.C. State 78, High Point 48
                Stanford 88, Loyola-Marymount 61
                Hartford 62, Dartmouth 45
                Baylor 84, North Texas 47
                Hofstra 79, Wichita State 72
                BYU 73, Idaho State 50
                LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack
                  Out of my own curiosity, I decided to look up last years WNIT to see what teams participated. Purdue won the title over Baylor.

http://www.womensnit.com/2006_wnit.htm

First Round:
                  Purdue 67, Belmont 43
                  Iona 66, St. John’s 56
                  N.C. State 78, High Point 48
                  Stanford 88, Loyola-Marymount 61
                  Hartford 62, Dartmouth 45
                  Baylor 84, North Texas 47
                  Hofstra 79, Wichita State 72
                  BYU 73, Idaho State 50
                  You better go back a recheck. Kansas State won the WNIT last season with all games on their home court. Purdue won last fall's preseason WNIT. They defeated Marquette in the final game.

Comment

We were discussing the preseason WNIT on this thread. 2002jack posted what teams were in that tourney and who eventually won.....

Comment

I should have put "preseason" in front of WNIT, or quoted bluehat. Sorry for the confusion.
                      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

2007-2008 Schedule

Don't know who you got next year, but I'm hearing that both North and South Dakota State are not going to be on next year's schedule for us.

I'm pretty disappointed. I thought the South Dakota State series was mutually beneficial for both parties. I can't imagine who we'd get to replace you but I hope it's not some sorry OVC or Southern Conference team.

Comment

Being in the Mid Con next year will shorten the schedule finding for both NDSU and SDSU. Plus maybe Middle Tennesse has more options in term of setting up the non conference for next year. Money also comes into play in terms of cash flowing positively and that may explain why the series was not extended. It cost to come to Nashville, and air travel from Nashville to SF and Fargo can't be cheap either even if the traveling party is about 25 which I believe it was. I remember you team having breakfast in Perkins in Brookings on the Saturday AM last year. I guess we must have offered seconds on the cakes, as I recall you did go up to Fargo and lost after beating us. They were a fine bunch of ladies though. They represented your institution in an excellent manner. In fact our group had to ask the manager who this group was.

As far as next year's schedule, not much has been released, but the further we go into the WNIT, I fear our non conference games will be harder to fill. I would love to see MTU again our schedule and it may happen.

Comment

http://www.sdsufans.com/cgi-bin/yabb...num=1173276242 this thread talks about what's on tap for next season. Could we splice these two threads together?

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78
                              Changes to the WNIT preseason tournament:

http://www.womensnit.com/interest.htm

The event is changing to a three-game guarantee format beginning in 2007.  All games,  including the semifinals and championship, are hosted by participating schools at their home facility.
                              The initial round of the event will involve eight sites hosted by participating institutions.  The winner’s bracket will look identical to past Preseason tournaments.
                              First Round Winners
                              The eight Round One winners will continue on in traditional bracket play, with half of them hosting the other half in separate host sites.  The winning teams will continue on, with separate host sites throughout the semifinals and championship.  The two teams in the championship game will play four games in the tournament.
                              First Round Losers
                              The eight teams who lose their first games will be re-grouped into “Consolation bracket quads,” which will be two four-team pools.  One team in each pool will be selected to host the other three teams.  Each team will play two games for a total of three in the tournament. These are called Consolation Rounds 1 and 2.
                              Quarterfinal Round Losers (from original bracket)
                              Of the four quarterfinal teams, two teams will be selected to host one of the other quarterfinal round losers in a single game at separate sites.  This game provides the third game for each of these schools. This round is Consolation Round 3. (read more)

I don't guess there's any chance the Preseason WNIT will drop their 4-year appearance rule. You have to wait 4-years after your last appearance in the tournament to be considered for it again, and even then it's not a guarantee.

Comment

Working...
                              X