Midnight minus two

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midnight minus two

I am assuming that some of you will be attending this event on Friday. I had plans to go, but I found out this morning that I am needed this weekend at work. My friend's are still going (nice friends!). I'm looking forward to getting a report on the team, the atmosphere, any recruits on campus, who won the shooting contests, and who looked good in the scrimmage. Have fun if you get to go!

Re: Midnight minus two

I'll take Young in the 3pt contest...rotert a close 2nd
    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
    Muhammad Ali

Comment

I think I'm going to get to go. First time ever and looking forward to it.
      An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
      US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Any word? I read TV's short recap online. How about from someone else who was there?

Comment

I thought the women looked plenty rusty in the 10-minute scrimmage. They clanked up a lot of 3-point shots that missed by a couple of feet. But I'm sure their shooting will improve with practice. I was impressed with freshman Vanessa Johnson, a true freshman, and with the constant hustle of sophomore Macie Michelson. Jennie Sunnarborg and Cala Westergard, both 6-2, looked solid. So backup Laura Nielsen, who left the team, probably won't be missed. Jill Young demonstrated some nice passing skills. The most pleasant surprise of the night probably was Jennifer Schuttloffel and Morgan Meier trying for top honors in the 3-point shooting contest. Add Boever, Cornemann, Muckenhirn, Oistad, Rotert, Warkenthien and Anderson to the mix, and you've got a very deep and potentially talented team. Picking a starting lineup out of that group is going to be tough.
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            I thought the women looked plenty rusty in the 10-minute scrimmage. They clanked up a lot of 3-point shots that missed by a couple of feet. But I'm sure their shooting will improve with practice. I was impressed with freshman Vanessa Johnson, a true freshman, and with the constant hustle of sophomore Macie Michelson. Jennie Sunnarborg and Cala Westergard, both 6-2, looked solid. So backup Laura Nielsen, who left the team, probably won't be missed. Jill Young demonstrated some nice passing skills. The most pleasant surprise of the night probably was Jennifer Schuttloffel and Morgan Meier trying for top honors in the 3-point shooting contest. Add Boever, Cornemann, Muckenhirn, Oistad, Rotert, Warkenthien and Anderson to the mix, and you've got a very deep and potentially talented team. Picking a starting lineup out of that group is going to be tough.
            Personally I was shocked Young wasn't in the final of the 3-point contest. I believe she will be in the top 5 all time scorers at SDSU before she is done here and probably won't even start this year. This team is awfully deep and talented. It would be a major disappointed if we don't make it to the big dance. I for one can't wait until the season starts!

Comment

I was surprised Rotert wasn't in the 3 point contest. I would have picked her and Jill for the finals. I was 0 for 2 on that pick. They did look rusty with only about 20 total points scored. But it looked like they were trying to run plays and I would think it would be really hard to run against a defense who knows the plays. The 2 new freshman centers will add some much needed height. Should be another fun year to watch for the women's team.
              Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                They're all so talented it will come down to who worsk the best together and not who's the best on the floor at all times. Having a deep and talented second team will be nice

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                  Personally I was shocked Young wasn't in the final of the 3-point contest. I believe she will be in the top 5 all time scorers at SDSU before she is done here and probably won't even start this year. This team is awfully deep and talented. It would be a major disappointed if we don't make it to the big dance. I for one can't wait until the season starts!
                  I expect Young to be a major scorer, too. She was one of the four final contestants in the 3-point shootout. She missed her first few shots in the semis and got beat 10-9, I think, by either Schuttloffel or Meier. Oistad was the other semi-finalist that got beat and eliminated. Rotert was not among the final four in the public contest. But we all know that she is a heck of shooter, too.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                  X