Eide: New Verbal for the Women

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eide: New Verbal for the Women

Despite being maxed out on scholarships, South Dakota State managed to land another of the state's top girls basketball players.

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...0104/808150310

Re: Eide: New Verbal for the Women

This is a great indicator of how good of a spot the women's program is in right now. Now coach and the team need a solid season, a great Summit League Conference tournament, and a little bit of luck in the NCAA tournament draw to continue to expand the sphere of influence for this program.
    The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      This is a great indicator of how good of a spot the women's program is in right now. Now coach and the team need a solid season, a great Summit League Conference tournament, and a little bit of luck in the NCAA tournament draw to continue to expand the sphere of influence for this program.
      Agreed. It also shows where our program is at in comparison to our rivals in green and gold up north. On the same day the Eide verbal is announced, it is also announced that they receive a verbal from Paige Beck from SF Roosevelt.

We get arguably the best Senior in SD to verbally commit to walk-on her first year and then be on scholarship after in order to play for the Jacks, where they offer scholarship to a player who has played two minutes of Varsity basketball in SD. This is no slight against Paige Beck, it sounds like she has been devastaed by injuires and I wish her all the success in the world. But the programs are at completely different levels right now - and NDSU finished second in the Summit last year!

Now if only our MBB program could make up some ground...
      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I have not seen Eide play, but it sounds like she comes with a pretty good resume. I tend to agree with jackrabbit1979 that this shows where we are in comparison to a school like NDSU. I would even take it a step further and say that it shows where we are in becoming a top level D1 team. Think about this for a second....a player like Eide could go somewhere else and play D1, but instead she chooses to redshirt/walk on and then get a scholarship a year later. She really wants to be a Jackrabbit! This is a powerful statement by her and our program. This doesn't happen just anywhere. The coaching staff has built a great atmosphere with their program. These definitely are exciting times for women's basketball.

Comment

Great news for SDSU and for Ms. Eide. She is making a wise decision and I look forward to seeing her in the yellow and gold.

As for the men's program, there is only one way to go from where we are at now. Midnight madness will be here before you know it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
            Great news for SDSU and for Ms. Eide. She is making a wise decision and I look forward to seeing her in the yellow and gold.

As for the men's program, there is only one way to go from where we are at now. Midnight madness will be here before you know it.
            Don't mean to be picky, but it is yellow and blue.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Yeah, get it right JackMD!

Negative rep points for you.

Just kidding.

Looking forward to seeing Eide as a Jackrabbit!
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                I have called others out so many times for saying blue and gold that I made a slip myself. Freud knows what I'm typing about.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Yeah, get it right JackMD!

Negative rep points for you...
                  Tough crowd.

Comment

I have had the pleasure of watching Ms. Eide play basketball for Washington High School in Sioux Falls for the past three years. She is an outstanding player offensively and defensively with a tremendous work ethic. She also is an academic honor student with a great attitude. I was thrilled to see her verbal commitment in the Argus Leader this morning.

Comment

Great addition for the women. Her enthusiasm for the Jacks adds to her value. I sure wish the men would start surprising us once in a while with a big signing.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                      X