New Women's Basketball Radio Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Women's Basketball Radio Network

The print copy of te Argus has an article on a newly announced radio network for Women's basketball. KJJQ in Brookings remains the lead station with Tyler Meriam the announcer. Picking up the feed will be WNZX AM, Yankton, KSDR AM Watertown, KCCR AM Pierre and KWOA AM Worthington Minn. This must be the breaking news TU referred to. I don't see the story in the online Argus but if I find it later I will add it. There isn't anything on gojacks.com yet either. Sounds like good additional coverage.

Re: New Women's Basketball Radio Network

..better late than never! Seriously, I would like to commend the people that got this put together. I know Tyler had a lot to do with it. He was the one that got baseball games on a couple of stations. I hope this continues for may years to come!

Comment

This is great news. Would still like to see a Sioux Falls station and maybe Mitchell on the network.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
        The print copy of te Argus has an article on a newly announced radio network for Women's basketball. KJJQ in Brookings remains the lead station with Tyler Meriam the announcer. Picking up the feed will be WNZX AM, Yankton, KSDR AM Watertown, KCCR AM Pierre and KWOA AM Worthington Minn. This must be the breaking news TU referred to. I don't see the story in the online Argus but if I find it later I will add it. There isn't anything on gojacks.com yet either. Sounds like good additional coverage.
        I assume "WNZX AM" should read WNAX AM? (Or perhaps WNAX FM?)

Either way, it's a very nice start for a network . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

WNAX AM, sorry for the typo. WNAX will carry the games unless they conflict with Mens games. The Pierre station will also have occasional conflicts with high school games the article stated.

Comment

With WNAX AM's signal, that's a pretty big-time coverage footprint for a women's college basketball program.

Now, we need to get a few more affiliates for a football/men's basketball network . . . (If only I owned a radio station in Kansas City . . . )
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
              This must be the breaking news TV referred to. I don't see the story in the online Argus but if I find it later I will add it.
              Here is the online version of the story:

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...45/1002/sports

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                With WNAX AM's signal, that's a pretty big-time coverage footprint for a women's college basketball program.

Now, we need to get a few more affiliates for a football/men's basketball network . . . (If only I owned a radio station in Kansas City . . . )
                Its probably hard to find sponsors/affiliates who want to put up money for crappy basketball tho... although I agree the football would be GREAT!
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Working...
                X