Elite Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elite Camp

I know the women's coaches had their elite camp last week. Any word on the talent at the camp? I read online on TV's blog I believe that some future Jackrabbits were registered. Also, was Coach Falco in attendance?

Re: Elite Camp

3 of the 4 out of next class were in attendance. Paluch, Deetle(sp) and Lingle. Heiser was there for a day but only to watch rolled her ankle bad two weeks ago. She should be ready in a week or so. Girl from Sturgis was there as well, definate top 3 at the camp, Karcy something. Coach Falco was not at the elite camp.

Comment

That would be Carsey Barden. She is about 5'10" and plays point guard. I believe that she will be a junior in high school this fall.
      Last edited by West-River_Jack; 06-30-2008, 10:43 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
      Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

I have since learned that Boever's younger sister was there too. She is talented. Paluch, Dietel, Lingle, and Heiser were all there? That's a nice bonus for the elite camp.

Comment

Carsey is tough. WRJ and I got to watch her plenty last season. She has great handles and sees the floor really well, especially for a sophomore (going to be junior). Not afraid to take big shots.

Comment

Heiser was only there as a spectator because of an ankle injury. Carsey is the real deal. Gabby (Boever) is not Maria but she is pretty tough as well. Does Carsey have anything to go with her in Sturgis?

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
              Heiser was only there as a spectator because of an ankle injury. Carsey is the real deal. Gabby (Boever) is not Maria but she is pretty tough as well. Does Carsey have anything to go with her in Sturgis?
              Not much. They lost a lot to graduation. The next two years will be tough on her as teams will no doubt focus all of their attention on her.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitlivinginverm View Post
                Not much. They lost a lot to graduation. The next two years will be tough on her as teams will no doubt focus all of their attention on her.
                I understand that some of the other underclassmen have shown some improvement this summer with the graduates gone and an increased opportunity to play. We have a 6'4" girl who moved here from an out of state school district with no organized basketball in the lower and middle grades. As such, she has lacked the ability to play with proper fundamentals. She also has lacked the coordination to play like she is 6'4". She played more like 5'7". I understand that she is finally starting to blossom as a player and will be able to occupy her share of the defense when our team is on offense. She won't be D-I material but a small school or junior college might be able to do something good with her. At the very least, she will draw some of the defensive players away from Carsey and will occupy a lot of space in the lane on defense. There are at least three other players who have shown flashes of potential. We will see how they mature. I hope it will be enough to allow Carsey to really show her talents. She has special abilities. I hope the various coaches get a chance to see if her abilities are good enough for college ball.

gj89: if your question about any players to go with Carsey was an inquiry about other college recruiting possibilities, the answer is probably not. If you were curious to know if there is enough talent so Carsey can really show her stuff, the answer is an optimistic maybe.
                Last edited by West-River_Jack; 07-02-2008, 08:36 AM.
                Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

wrj- it was more about the latter but thanks for all the info...good stuff..i'll be watching the Rapid City Journal for results on the scoopers

Comment

Originally posted by gojacks89 View Post
                    3 of the 4 out of next class were in attendance. Paluch, Deetle(sp) and Lingle. Heiser was there for a day but only to watch rolled her ankle bad two weeks ago. She should be ready in a week or so. Girl from Sturgis was there as well, definate top 3 at the camp, Karcy something. Coach Falco was not at the elite camp.
                    IMO the Bardin girl from sturgis is the top player in AA for 2010
                    Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                    Muhammad Ali

Comment

Working...
                    X