Tyler Merriam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler Merriam

Tyler has crossed the T's and dotted the i's and will become the official replacement for Scooty Kwas at 910 Radio in Brookings. Tyler is currently the voice of SDSU baseball and will be covering the SDSU womens basketball next season. Congrats to Tyler.

Re: Tyler Merriam

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
    Tyler has crossed the T's and dotted the i's and will become the official replacement for Scooty Kwas at 910 Radio in Brookings. Tyler is currently the voice of SDSU baseball and will be covering the SDSU womens basketball next season. Congrats to Tyler.
    Congrats to Tyler!! Hope he goes over and roasts his predecessor tomorrow night!

Comment

Tyler will also being doing all of the Volleyball broadcasts next year also.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        Tyler will also being doing all of the Volleyball broadcasts next year also.
        Bummer. Volleyball just won't be the same without DeBeer doing it

Comment

I just read that Tyler will be back to do play-by-play the women's basketball team this year.

From Parker Knox's Midweek Update, a newsletter about people news in Pierre

Tyler Merriam will remain as one of the voices of South Dakota State athletics, and that's good news for fans and for SDSU. He will help produce and host a new weekly television show on SDSU athletics to be seen at 10:35 p.m. Sundays on KSFY-TV. Tyler will also return as the radio play-by-play voice of the SDSU women's basketball team and will likely help out with a little football or volleyball work. Tyler said he will be in Brookings for about seven months, then return next spring and summer to Rapid City as director of media relations for Post 22 American Legion baseball there.

Comment

Even better news is that we will have a weekly show on KSFY.

Comment

Glad he'll be here at least part time but bummed that he obviously won't be doing Jacks Baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                Glad he'll be here at least part time but bummed that he obviously won't be doing Jacks Baseball.

76 never say never!

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                  76 never say never!

GBGBGJ
                  Unfortunately, he won't be able to do baseball because of his job with Post 22

Comment

According to a Terry V. tweet this a.m., Tyler also will be doing color for football. Not sure where that leaves Jerry O?
                    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Sure hope WNAX still covers the basketball games this year, i get way better reception with them than Brookings here in Sioux Falls.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Sure hope WNAX still covers the basketball games this year, i get way better reception with them than Brookings here in Sioux Falls.
                        WNAX will be covering men's BB and FB as well as broadcasting women's BB. Jerry can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm guessing Mr. Oster will still be contributing to each broadcast. Perhaps this will give him a chance to mingle with us in the backyard.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                          WNAX will be covering men's BB and FB as well as broadcasting women's BB. Jerry can correct me if I'm wrong. I'm guessing Mr. Oster will still be contributing to each broadcast. Perhaps this will give him a chance to mingle with us in the backyard.
                          I heard (and this isn't confirmed) that Jerry just wanted a break. Can't blame him. I'll bet he'd enjoy just watching a game for once after working them for so many years.

Maybe Jerry will let us know what's up. He's been on the board a few times.
                          Last edited by JimmyJack; 08-21-2009, 11:21 AM.
                          Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Thanks,sometimes I have to listen to the games at work & WNAX is the only option.

Comment

Working...
                            X