Scotty Kwas stepping down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scotty Kwas stepping down?

I just got an email from a friend of mine saying Scotty Kwas is not going to do SDSU games anymore. Does anyone have any more information on this? I thought he did a great job!

Re: Scotty Kwas stepping down?

The travel does take its toll, and I've only experienced football, which can't hold a candle to what Basketball or Baseball travel is like.

If its true, it seems to me this might be Scotty handing the reigns over to a certain very talented young man.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

It is true. I recieved an email from Scotty himself. He is going to remain in Brookings and work for the South Dakota Dept. of Labor as an Employment Representative. He will work out of the SD Career Center in Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
        It is true. I recieved an email from Scotty himself. He is going to remain in Brookings and work for the South Dakota Dept. of Labor as an Employment Representative. He will work out of the SD Career Center in Brookings.
        Good for Scotty. I know that nobody in radio is compensated as well as they deserve...

The new "voice of the Jackrabbit women"... Tyler Merriam? Just a wild guess. I have no inside information on that. But I know that Tyler would do a great job, and he's on the job market.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Just a speculative question, but is the Athletic Department looking to one source namely WNAX for both men and women's bb? I am curious

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            Just a speculative question, but is the Athletic Department looking to one source namely WNAX for both men and women's bb? I am curious
            That is the same thought I had. There is a real need to get the womens BB broadcast to a larger area w/o having to subscribe on GOJACKS.com...

Comment

There is a party in honor of Scotty at Cubby's this Friday, May 9th at 7:00 pm.
              Last edited by 1bunnies; 05-08-2008, 08:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
                The is a party in honor of Scotty at Cubby's this Friday, May 9th at 7:00 pm.
                And a BIG BOW from his internet audience. I would frequently turn off the sound on the visual casts, so that I would get Scotty's calls from the Audio. I enjoyed his play-by-play and happy demeanor from the broadcast.

Congrats Scotty, and great success with your next career. May you find it as rewarding as that Jackrabbit booster, Skip Webster. As he slid from coaching (at BHS) to insurance sales.

Comment

Working...
                X