Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Records

Prior to our season ending loss to the Creighton Bluejays, we were on quite a streak in many categories.

22 game home winning streak
    12 game winning streak
    54 game winning streak, when leading at half

From the end of the Terry V message about more staff at SDSU here's the 3's figure for 07-08.

The SDSU women's basketball team finished the season with 232 3-pointers. That broke the Summit League record - set last year by Valparaiso - by 22 and ranks in sixth this year in Division I in makes per game, but is 56 shy of the school record set in 2001-02.

What other records, successes occurred?

Who's poised to move into top 10 in what categories next year?

Share your thoughts, insights, and accounting abilities here.

Re: Records

- Warkenthien needs 182 more points for 1,000 in her career. If you take this years average 13.9 x 30, she will end up 18th all-time at 1,235. 195 more rebounds will put her 10th. Her season high is 186. 18 more blocked shots will put her 7th place all-time. Her previous career high is 34.

This was the first season since 2004 that SDSU has had an overtime game.

- Rotert's 58 three pointers in a season was 11th most in a season. With 72 next season, she will move into 9th all-time. The school record is 250. The single season mark is 107

Comment

Re: Records

Two things visibly impact the individual accomplishments when it comes to records these days. Most important is the balance of the team, which has led to only a handful of players getting 20+ minutes per game. Secondly, I would suggest at this time, that scoring points, or making 3's, or getting rebounds, etc. is much more difficult in Division I than it was in Division II. We have better players, but better players can lead to better defense in my opinion. Probably not going to be done, but the records for Division I would be a better judge against other players at this level in the future.

Comment

Working...
      X