Schlagel gets college post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schlagel gets college post

Shannon Schlagel, the all-time leading scorer in South Dakota State history, has been named head women’s basketball coach at Presentation College in Aberdeen.
    “I’m very excited and honored for the opportunity to coach the women’s basketball team at Presentation College,” said Schlagel. “I’m looking forward to working with the students to help them improve in the classroom, on the court, and as individuals.”
    Schlagel most recently served as the assistant girls basketball coach at Clark High.

I remember going to Florida for the Disney Classic when Shannon was just a freshman. It was easy to see that she was going to be sensational in her college career. Nobody hustled more than Shannon and it was always a joy to watch her play. Best of luck Shannon...you are a winner!!

Re: Schlagel gets college post

Nice to hear Shannon's getting a shot at the college level. I would expect this to be a short-term stop for her.

Comment

Strange that her only previous experience as a coach was as an assistant at the HS level. They must see what we all already know.

Comment

Like I said, I assume it will be a short-term stop for her. PC basketball isn't much different than the high school level.

Comment

This is just the beginning for Shanon. It's gonna be fun to watch her take PC to a higher level. I agree that it'll be a short stop on the road of her eventual much larger career.

Comment

I'll bet PC plays a slow-down kind of offense like Princeton used a few years back or the North Carolina "four corners" offense. NOT!!! She will have them playing a wide open style of ball and my bet she is very succesful!

A great opportunity for her and an even better hire for PC!

Good luck Shannon!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I believe Presentation is now (or is moving to) NCAA D-III . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Next year is their last year in transistion from NAIA to D-3

Comment

This is great for Shannon! She will have a chance to build a resume here. Presentation has a chance to win UMAC and the USCAA national championship. Regardless of the level, anytime you can compete for a conference and national championship (like Presentation won a few years back), it is a great opportunity. She doesn't have the scholarships to offer players, but the fact that she played for SDSU and is one of the better players in school history, that speaks for itself and should draw players to play at Presentation.

Comment

Working...
                  X