Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Annual Border Battle with Wyoming?

Originally posted by jackmd
    [quote author=1bunnies link=1174801521/15#28 date=1175221903] I don't think most people are saying that at all. I think is is more like a few vocal ones. Playing in SF is much different than RC. The Jackrabbit Nation is only 45 minutes away from SF. RC would definitely be a road game. I say bring the Cowgirls and Cowpokes to the friendly confines of Frost Arena.
    That is completely sane and rational.  Definitely a refreshing change from some of the recent comments around here.[/quote]

Again AMEN brother to both of you! The people posting all the different scenarios and looking to move games to SF and RC are out in left field. The department does want to take basketball to Sioux Falls on a limited basis. It will most likely be a December game before conference starts, and we will not be getting very many home games against "big name" teams, so don't bank on that. And if we do get a high quality home game, it will most likely be in Frost as we are not going to subject our teams to loss of value of home floor.

As for Rapid City, while we may arrange baseball, softball or some other competition out there, it is a longshot to again think we are going to move basketball games out there. Get some sense and think about the economics of all these suggestions. It would have been easier to do this when we were DII and there have been limited conversations about a basketball game in Rapid, but I wouldn't hold my breath about it very much and certainly not on a "regular" basis.

Comment

So playing in rapid would be a road game? Do you not have to play a home team to be considered a road game? It would be on the road yes but played at a neutral site for both teams. Are there not Alumni and donors out in the black hills who would care to see a game like this played early in the year. Maybe its a pipe dream thinking that it could actully happen as a game out there, but with good teams and a good location it sounds like it could be a win win situation for the schools either way, and good for getting more support from the black hills. Im sure there are alumni and donors in the black hills who wouldnt mind seeing something happen. But im going to guess all the old timers on this site are gonna have their say about it and why its so wrong to think about wanting to do.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon
        So playing in rapid would be a road game?  Do you not have to play a home team to be considered a road game?  It would be on the road yes but played at a neutral site for both teams.  Are there not Alumni and donors out in the black hills who would care to see a game like this played early in the year.  Maybe its a pipe dream thinking that it could actully happen as a game out there, but with good teams and a good location it sounds like it could be a win win situation for the schools either way, and good for getting more support from the black hills.  Im sure there are alumni and donors in the black hills who wouldnt mind seeing something happen.  But im going to guess all the old timers on this site are gonna have their say about it and why its so wrong to think about wanting to do.
        What's your definition of a road game, goon? You know, it's kind of like when you hit the road. Neutral site or not, it's not at home in your own facility with the "home" advantage. It's not that the "old timers on this site" are going to determine anything...that's left up to the coaches and AD staff.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
          [quote author=goon link=1174801521/30#31 date=1175232636]So playing in rapid would be a road game? Do you not have to play a home team to be considered a road game? It would be on the road yes but played at a neutral site for both teams. Are there not Alumni and donors out in the black hills who would care to see a game like this played early in the year. Maybe its a pipe dream thinking that it could actully happen as a game out there, but with good teams and a good location it sounds like it could be a win win situation for the schools either way, and good for getting more support from the black hills. Im sure there are alumni and donors in the black hills who wouldnt mind seeing something happen. But im going to guess all the old timers on this site are gonna have their say about it and why its so wrong to think about wanting to do.
          What's your definition of a road game, goon? You know, it's kind of like when you hit the road. Neutral site or not, it's not at home in your own facility with the "home" advantage. It's not that the "old timers on this site" are going to determine anything...that's left up to the coaches and AD staff.[/quote]
          According to NCAA Bylaw 20.9.6.2.1, a home game (for purposes of meeting the requirement that 1/3 of all games be played at home) must be played within 30 miles of the institution's main campus. (A rather restrictive rule in my opinion, which doesn't take into account the much greater distances "out west" vs. "back east," but it is what it is.)

So, a Rapid City game would be a neutral site game according to NCAA rules. So would a Sioux Falls game. Now, there may be a few more Wyoming people showing up for an SDSU-Wyoming game in Rapid City than in Sioux Falls but that doesn't change the reality that either site would be "neutral."
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Whether its a good idea or not, you really can't blame those of us who live hundreds of miles from the SDSU campus from trying to get a game played in our neighborhood, especially when there are so many of us out here. I, of course, defer to the athletic administration and coaching staff for what is really best for the Jackrabbits.

Comment

As much as I would love a game out here, I also understand that it doesn't make much sense. And whomever said Sioux Falls is only 45 minutes from "Jackrabbit Nation," I disagree. Jackrabbit Nation is everywhere. Especially out here in the beautiful Black Hills.

Comment

Ya I may be hoping that a sdsu game comes out to the hills but I just thought that a yearly battle with wyoming in rapid city would make alot of sence.. It could be early and is prety equal in distance... And I just thought that if you get a game in rapid that it would play more to west river and could be used as a recruiting tool in general... When I was in the mall in rapid I noticed alot of SDSU advertisments in the mall and just thought that 1 game would really help out with west river sd... the tournament part was just a floating idea and I wanted to see if anybody else agreed with me.

And I believe that most of the people that would make a trip to SF would make a trip to RC

Comment

If we are going to play Wyoming home and home it needs to be in Frost.  I would hate for them to miss the atmosphere.  

Comment

I want to clear this up I don't want a home and home and have State play there home game in RC I would just like to see every year the game be in Rapid City....

Comment

Dear Joeboo:
                      I will try not to make this to personal, but......to be honest....you are annoying everyone on this site. Its one thing to state your opinion...thats what this site is for. Its also not a problem that your opinions are often contrary to the masses....but...I note your initial posts often contain inaccurate stuff, rumors or just plain fantasies and are often unintelligible. But thats not the biggest problem. The biggest problem is you dont quit. Please, I for one am happy to see you around here, but please make your intial point clearly and with some factual basis and perhaps one response to defend yourself and then LET IT DIE! Your running people off. Of course thats just my opinion...I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboD
                        Dear Joeboo:
                        I will try not to make this to personal, but......to be honest....you are annoying everyone on this site.  Its one thing to state your opinion...thats what this site is for.  Its also not a problem that your opinions are often contrary to the masses....but...I note your initial posts often contain inaccurate stuff, rumors or just plain fantasies and are often unintelligible.  But thats not the biggest problem.  The biggest problem is you dont quit.  Please, I for one am happy to see you around here, but please make your intial point clearly and with some factual basis and perhaps one response to defend yourself and then LET IT DIE!   Your running people off.   Of course thats just my opinion...I could be wrong.
                        You hit the nail right on the head HoboD and you drove it clear through the stud.

Comment

HoboD, I agree with you 100%. Joeboo has been suspended before, and I wish he was suspended again or just go away.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Why don't you shut up... I was suspended for calling a guy out that deserved it but I guess you don't even realize that. Its a forum I just posted an idea. Then when people like you twisted my words and said that SDSU should play there home game in Rapid which I never even though would be possible.. What I was saying was this.. If SDSU and Wyoming could get a yearly event in Rapid City I would support that being from West River south dakota it would give me a chance to watch the rabbits play...

Filbert if thats not an attack I don't know what is.

Comment

SDSU will not play Wyoming in a Border Battle at Rapid City. If anything it will be at HOME(FROST) or on the ROAD("DOME OF DOOM&quot

Comment

I think we've expressed. I'm not responding to that as much as the attacks and backing up my post.

Comment

Working...
                                X