X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oral Roberts

67-57 is your final.

The Jacks aren't as good as we thought they were.

The Golden Eagles are better than we thought they were.

Welcome to the Summit League.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Wow...that was ugly. As it was stated...28 turnovers. You aren't going to win many games like that. We are probably lucky we only lost by 10.

Comment

Perspective:

The last time we lost a conference game by 10 points or more:

2004, at North Dakota, 57-83

We came back and beat them in overtime to go to the D-II Elite Eight later that year (that was the year after the National Championship, and our final year in D-II).

Before that, the last conference double-digit loss was, hmm, at North Dakota, in 2003, 62-86. We won a national championship that year.

The last time we lost a conference opener? 2002. Yep. UND, 70-82. That was the year of our first trip to the D-II Elite Eight.

Just some perspective . . .
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

A very positive reality check, filbert.

Comment

I think we will continue to struggle until Ketty returns at full strength.She is the only guard/wing who has a game similiar to Megan - which is taking the ball hard to the basket and either scoring,getting fouled or drawing the other team's bigs and dishing off for easy baskets.The other options now are basically perimeter players,which is OK if the threes are falling.Having watched Macie a number of times in High school,she has the mentality to take it to the basket,but is physically not big enough to do it at this level on a consistent basis..I think the greatest need for the future is to develop/recruit another player who has the strength and desire to take it to the hole.

Comment

I agree with the above assesment about Ketty. I also think the team is going to miss her defensive effort. She's very good on the defensive end as well and that is going to be missed.

Comment

It's a rough patch for a young team dealing with injuries. As we've seen, when they have Ketty (and Oistad, who started very strong) in the lineup, the Jackrabbit women are very good. One road loss in the conference isn't the end of the world. I expect them to turn it around in a hurry and win at Centenary tomorrow.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I look for Jen to play much better tonight. I know she's only had 2 more days to get better but I don't see her going 0-6 from the field again. She also fouled out with 6 T.O.'s. I know she doesn't drive as much as Ketty but she can play. I think when the 2 of them are healthy and playing together SDSU will be really tough again.
                  Wasn't Oral Roberts picked to win the conference? Going on the road, playing them, having all those T.O.'s and being as injured makes it tough to win. Losing by 10 could be a moral victory to some people. I know most people don't believe in moral victory's but I think that might be the worst we play a conference game all season.

Comment

Did anyone see Charlie Creme's projected bracket for the 2008 NCAA tourney? He has IPFW representing the Summit as a #15 seed. I would think that IPFW is #4, maybe #5 behind Oakland, Oral Roberts, SDSU and NDSU. I know the latter two aren't going to be eligible for the big dance this season, but Oral Roberts has to be the favorite with the conference tourney in their hometown. Just a thought or two...IPFW would have trouble just getting into the WNIT.

Comment

SummitTV video is not working at all...anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        SummitTV video is not working at all...anyone else?
                        Tryng to get on too, nothing

Comment

Got it now...

Comment

Is Terry V. posting for this game?

Comment

I can't get the audio on Gojacks.com

Comment

Any score updates? We need to come out early and put these girls away.

Comment

Working...
                                X