Rabbits in the Women's Final Four Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rabbits in the Women's Final Four Program

Sitting in Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, waiting for the first national semifinal to start, what do I find right there taking up all of page 6 of the Women's Final Four program?

Head of the Class

The South Dakota State Jackrabbits are transitioning to NCAA (R) Division I and won't achieve full Division I status until 2009, but they already have won a Division I championship of another sort.

The 2005-06 team had the highest team grade point average of any NCAA women's basketball team in any division -- 3.730.
    Not new to us of course, but it would be hard to buy this kind of positive exposure in front of the most influential possible audience in women's basketball.

There's a pretty good picture of the team in a classroom, too. I'll see if I can scan it when I get home.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Re: Rabbits in the Women's Final Four Program

Great publicity for the Jacks. Very impressive.
    This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert
      Sitting in Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, waiting for the first national semifinal to start, what do I find right there taking up all of page 6 of the Women's Final Four program?

Head of the Class

The South Dakota State Jackrabbits are transitioning to NCAA (R) Division I and won't achieve full Division I status until 2009, but they already have won a Division I championship of another sort.

The 2005-06 team had the highest team grade point average of any NCAA women's basketball team in any division -- 3.730.
      Not new to us of course, but it would be hard to buy this kind of positive exposure in front of the most influential possible audience in women's basketball.

There's a pretty good picture of the team in a classroom, too.  I'll see if I can scan it when I get home.
      I was thinking about you last night while watching the games--wondering if you were there. My wife and I hope to make it there one of these next years.

Comment

Hey Filbert, who are you going to be rooting for tonight??

Just kidding, give my regards to Snookums (but don't tell her I'm rooting for Rutgers!)

Comment

Originally posted by jacks#1fan
          Hey Filbert, who are you going to be rooting for tonight??

Just kidding, give my regards to Snookums (but don't tell her I'm rooting for Rugers!)
          I've received the temporary Orange blood transfusion that's required to get into the Tennessee Fan Party at Jacobs Field (!)

Go Lady Vols!!!
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

filbert, is Shannon Bobbitt really 5'2"? She looks about 4'9"

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops
              filbert, is Shannon Bobbitt really 5'2"? She looks about 4'9"
              She's the shortest girl on the court . . . pretty much any court . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
              X