Oregon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon

Next up for the Jacks is this Thursday night when they travel to Oregon to play the Ducks. Oregon opened their season with a 67-32 win over San Jose State, a team that the Jacks defeated by 35 points in Frost Arena last season. The Ducks had three players in double figures, their 5'6" So. guard and a pair of tall Freshmen. The two Freshmen are 6'5" and 6'4". Run until they are tired Rabbits. This game has a 9:00 pm Central start time.

Re: Oregon

According to the Weekly Basketball Release on GoJacks.com, Macie Michelson is probably going to start against Oregon. Let the Macie Michelson era begin.

After being held out of the season opener, guard Macie Michelson provided a spark against UC Riverside with five points and four rebounds. The Lynd, Minn., native and product of Marshall High School is expected to start Thursday at Oregon.
    Here is the link.

http://www.gojacks.com/pdf1/96394.pd...B_OEM_ID=15000
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Are we going to be without the services of both Jen and Stacie? Oregon will play tough especially at home... We will need atleast one of those players on the floor..

Comment

Originally posted by fabio208 View Post
        Are we going to be without the services of both Jen and Stacie? Oregon will play tough especially at home... We will need atleast one of those players on the floor..
        As far as I know Stacie is fine but Laura Neilson and Jen are out.

Comment

Stacie is out with the same injury as the other two ladies. Stress fractures abound this season.

Comment

9 pm tip our time tonight. Gonna be tough if all 3 are indeed out. Stacie basically carried us for the majority of the Riverside game. Without her shooting we would have been out of it.

The other players are going to have to step up big, again. Maria, Bean, Kettie, Courtney, Muck and AA are going to have to lead the way for our talented freshman. Looking forward to a great shooting night for the Jacks.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

In reading through the press release (Thanks!!!! great stuff!!!)

WE ARE AS LOADED WITH TALENT AS WE EVER HAVE BEEN. So, there's effectively about a starting 8-10, depending on who/talents facing.

I have never encountered such a breadth of talent as SDSU has this year. The key to our success is integrating those talents, and clicking regardless of who's on the floor. We won vs UC-Riverside (picked to win Big West) in large part by overrunning them, and fouling out their best three talents. We should be able to do similar to EVERY TEAM we FACE this year.

Start off by jumping out to a big lead, and win on the road Ladies!

BTW, I'm just Jacked about putting the thumping on the Quackers!

Go Jacks!!!

Comment

are we moving Ketty to the 3, Andrea to the 2 and starting Macie to counter act Stacie being out?

Comment

This **might** be the live stats link:
                  http://www.goducks.com/liveStats/liv...DB_OEM_ID=500#

Won't be active until game time, though.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Ketty already plays the three and Stacie has never started so I am not sure how Stacie being hurt affects the starting line up. If Macie starts I would think that it would be over Muck. I do not see that happening though. She is a captain. Not that a captain has to start, just my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                      Ketty already plays the three and Stacie has never started so I am not sure how Stacie being hurt affects the starting line up. If Macie starts I would think that it would be over Muck. I do not see that happening though. She is a captain. Not that a captain has to start, just my opinion.
                      Muck has not played up to her capabilities and that might have something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Muck has not played up to her capabilities and that might have something to do with it.
                        I think we're pretty solid in the backcourt with AA, Bean, Muck, Macie. Kettie can handle the ball, too. I'm more worried about our depth in the frontcourt with Jen, Heather and Stacie out. Maria and Courtney are going to get tired. I think we need to shoot a high percentage to win tonight.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

OK, here we go again . . . anyone (else) having problem with the audio webcast?
                          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                            OK, here we go again . . . anyone (else) having problem with the audio webcast?
                            I'm not hearing anything right now.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                              I'm not hearing anything right now.
                              It would be really nice if the webcasts would begin at their scheduled times . . .
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X