• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UC Riverside

SDSU wins 93-90 in double OT...wow.

Comment

Thanks again Nigthhawk. Wins like this will help down the road. Congrats to the ladies.

Comment

UCR was awfully pesky today. They gave lots of good teams problems last year and they'll do the same this year, they were a good early test.

Still, a win is a win is a win, and I'll take it any way it comes!

Comment

UC Riverside is the 2x defending Big West (Cal Poly/UC Davis other sports conference) champ. Returning most of their stars and picked to win the Big West again. Their star tho, has an injury bug, and we were able to capitalize.

Wow, GREAT GAME!!! And yes, this should help the RPI prior to Summit League action.

Comment

Originally posted by fezzador View Post
            UCR was awfully pesky today. They gave lots of good teams problems last year and they'll do the same this year, they were a good early test.

Still, a win is a win is a win, and I'll take it any way it comes!
            UC-Riverside made the Big Dance last year and is predicted to win the Big West again this year.

This team may be frustrating to watch at times (poor shooting, some issues with turnovers and rebounding) early this season, but should be poised to go on a big run once they start conference play. Hopefully, we'll get Jen and Laura back soon so we have more post options.

Comment

Nice. Good win for the ladies. Thanks NightHawk for all the updates; I'm sure I'm not the only lurker on these boards who appreciates them.

Comment

Originally posted by NightHawk78 View Post
                UC-Riverside made the Big Dance last year and is predicted to win the Big West again this year.

This team may be frustrating to watch at times (poor shooting, some issues with turnovers and rebounding) early this season, but should be poised to go on a big run once they start conference play. Hopefully, we'll get Jen and Laura back soon so we have more post options.
                Yes, and just think about all the young players who are just getting started. We saw flashes today of what Michelson can be for this team. Rotert is already contributing quality minutes. This team is just going to get better and better as the year goes on.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

WOW...I missed the game and didn't even listen to it on the radio....just got home and read this whole thread and about had a heart attack reading the posts!

I'm glad we got the win, obviously, but man, we shot horribly from the charity stripe...27-41. I guess is sounds worse than 65%, need to take more advantage of them free points.

Also, UC Riverside shot 56% in the 2nd half...holy crap...we must have been giving them a lot of inside shots.

Either way, a win is a win...lets keep it rolling in Oregon!
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Terry figured out where everyone was...

"In a Super Weekend of poor crowds, this is shaping up to be maybe the worst. The good news is that I’ve figured out where all the people have gone: To Arby’s. Wow. I like roast beef as much as the next guy, but it’s Arby’s. There’s one in every town."

I think the same was true for the football game yesterday...sorry for a blatent off topic post, but ITS ARBY'S, PEOPLE!!
                    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

"ITS ARBY'S, PEOPLE!!"

Arby's has been pure crap since they started steaming/boiling their beef about 1970. No turnout for a great team BECAUSE OF ARBYS??? WTF is going on up there anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                        ...We saw flashes today of what Michelson can be for this team. Rotert is already contributing quality minutes. This team is just going to get better and better as the year goes on.
                        JimmyJack is right on with his comments. This game was the first time I watched Michelson and Rotert ... fabulous potential. Oistad -- well, what can one say -- she came in from the bench and lit it up. Grimsrud -- UC-Riverside's coach had her intentionally fouled, figuring she'd miss her free throws and they'd get the ball back. Wrong. I hope Courtney can see some video of the UC-R coach shaking his head when she made her first free throw. And then, when she swished the second, the coach just walked back to his bench, knowing he took a gamble and lost big time.

Each Jackrabbit player played a critical role at some point during the game. Team motto (with apologies to Timbuktu): Future's so bright, gotta wear shades.

This was a great game. Both teams were playing their hearts out...the tension in the air was like something you feel in tournament play. I thought the crowd was a little sparse but they really got into it when it mattered.

Comment

Our team was awesome under pressure... Our young future players look great and our juniors and seniors are showing great leadership and good decisions when they count... Oistad played amazing.. I hope she was not too banged up after the game... we will need her... any word on if Jen will be ready for Oregon? if not when could we possibly see her?

Comment

Originally posted by fabio208 View Post
                            Our team was awesome under pressure... Our young future players look great and our juniors and seniors are showing great leadership and good decisions when they count... Oistad played amazing.. I hope she was not too banged up after the game... we will need her... any word on if Jen will be ready for Oregon? if not when could we possibly see her?
                            I spoke to AJ at the football game and he said Macie would play Sunday. He wouldn't give me any hard answer on Jen. I think she will be back.

The UC-Riverside game was great. If we could have made a few open 3's it wouldn't have been no tight. Credit to UC-Riverside for hanging tough. Our women showed a lot of poise and guts to pull that win out.

I attended all the events in Brookings this weekend and all I can say is, if you can be there, go. It was a great weekend.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here's the story from UC-Riverside's website:

(Brookings, SD.) – The UC Riverside women's basketball team lost to South Dakota State 93-90 in double overtime Sunday afternoon in Brookings, SD. Sophomore Brittany Waddell led the Highlanders in scoring for the second straight game after finishing with a game-high 22 points; junior Ronéy Friend added 20 points in the losing effort.

http://www.athletics.ucr.edu/wbasketball/wbk111107.html

Comment

What a fun game to attend. I was very impressed with the play of Oistad. The true Freshman Macie and Kristin both play absolutely fearless. Not to say they did not make mistakes, but they were agressive mistakes. I still think we take far to many 3's for the percentage we shoot, but that seems to be part of AJ's teams mentality. I really got a kick out of UC Riverside sending in a goon to foul Courtney when they had a lead. She is a much better free show shooter than she had shown up to that point and calmly sank the free throws.

Comment

Working...
                                X