Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jill Young

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
    Jill Young made Jessica Pike from Oakland work on defense in the 1st half, because they did not want Jill to get going. Pike in the 2nd half was wore out from following Jill Young around for the whole first half and then again in the 2nd.
    Good post. So many little things affect the way a player plays and this very well could have had an effect on how Pike played in the second half.

I am sure AJ stressed stopping Pike at halftime which I am also sure had an effect.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Good post. So many little things affect the way a player plays and this very well could have had an effect on how Pike played in the second half.

I am sure AJ stressed stopping Pike at halftime which I am also sure had an effect.
      Also:

AJ rotated Anderson, Muckenhirn, Young, and Michelson through that position... That alone had to have (eventually) driven Pike nuts. Since everyone guards differently, that had to keep her from getting settled back into rhythm after halftime.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        Also:

AJ rotated Anderson, Muckenhirn, Young, and Michelson through that position... That alone had to have (eventually) driven Pike nuts. Since everyone guards differently, that had to keep her from getting settled back into rhythm after halftime.
        AJ did rotate those players but the player that seemed to have her the most was KETTY! Ketty just decided to get low move the feet and play physical the 2nd half, she was a rebounding machine and was getting everything!

Comment

I'm sure that AJ & staff let Ketty know, and Ketty should know herself, how well she played D yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
            I'm sure that AJ & staff let Ketty know, and Ketty should know herself, how well she played D yesterday.
            I'll note that Ketty played for 35 min. according to the box score. Even with only scoring 6 points, obviously AJ liked what Ketty was doing to play her so many min.

Comment

When voting time comes at the end of the season for team honors the MVP vote should look like this.

Comment

Working...
              X