Carissa Thielbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

, I mainly put the “arguably” in there as a liability waiver!
    gotcha)) I did not get the idea that you were selling her short in any way!! is there anyone you would even make an argument for?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

gotcha)) I did not get the idea that you were selling her short in any way!! is there anyone you would even make an argument for?
      There may be some candidates on the current roster. The Jackrabbits continue to find the talent. Warkenthein may have been in the mix as an early D1 standout. She may have shone more brightly if she played more minutes in the platoon games of that time which had 10 regular players. Macy was a great signee of her time similar to the current Koupal youngster. Macy put up the numbers and leadership to earn top player in D1 years. However the current roster has B Meyer or 1 of the 5 new freshmen that may tip the scale of pretty darn good. It will take a few days to see the final measurement of those. Many of the players since D1 can qualify for Top 10-15, but the top spot is hard to move from Macy even though I think Warkenthein could have added many stats in an extra 6-10 minutes.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

There may be some candidates on the current roster. The Jackrabbits continue to find the talent. Warkenthein may have been in the mix as an early D1 standout. She may have shone more brightly if she played more minutes in the platoon games of that time which had 10 regular players. Macy was a great signee of her time similar to the current Koupal youngster. Macy put up the numbers and leadership to earn top player in D1 years. However the current roster has B Meyer or 1 of the 5 new freshmen that may tip the scale of pretty darn good. It will take a few days to see the final measurement of those. Many of the players since D1 can qualify for Top 10-15, but the top spot is hard to move from Macy even though I think Warkenthein could have added many stats in an extra 6-10 minutes.
        Warkenthein was a WAY better player than her final career numbers show. for me (not in any order) Warkenthein, Macy, Myah, and Waytashek are the top 4. Waytashek also did not have the numbers that showed how good of a player she really was. that said, Macy contributed as a team leader from game one!! Warkenthein did not do a lot as a freshman and she lost a lot of one year to injury. I agree she did not get the minutes of most top players, but I think the slow start and missed time hurt her final numbers more

all 3 of Warkenthein, Waytashek, and Myah were harmed by injuries. I know Myah ended up getting more games because of the injuries, but she really only played one season that was not impacted to some degree by one or more injuries

Melissa Pater is probably my number 5. she had an incredible final two years, but again Macy was arguably the top player from start to finish. Pater did almost nothing as a freshman. Joelle Byre had only one healthy season, but that one season was UNBELIEVABLE

obviously Vogel deserves some recognition. i absolutely believe Brooklyn can put herself into this conversation before she finishes. if she could become a 70% FT shooter, she would be basically unstoppable.

Comment

I don't really think you can make a solid argument for any other player. But I would say Shannon Schlagel's name could get mentioned. 3rd all time leading scorer and over 1000 rebounds, not too shabby!

Comment

Warkenthein was a WAY better player than her final career numbers show. for me (not in any order) Warkenthein, Macy, Myah, and Waytashek are the top 4. Waytashek also did not have the numbers that showed how good of a player she really was. that said, Macy contributed as a team leader from game one!! Warkenthein did not do a lot as a freshman and she lost a lot of one year to injury. I agree she did not get the minutes of most top players, but I think the slow start and missed time hurt her final numbers more

all 3 of Warkenthein, Waytashek, and Myah were harmed by injuries. I know Myah ended up getting more games because of the injuries, but she really only played one season that was not impacted to some degree by one or more injuries

Melissa Pater is probably my number 5. she had an incredible final two years, but again Macy was arguably the top player from start to finish. Pater did almost nothing as a freshman. Joelle Byre had only one healthy season, but that one season was UNBELIEVABLE

obviously Vogel deserves some recognition. i absolutely believe Brooklyn can put herself into this conversation before she finishes. if she could become a 70% FT shooter, she would be basically unstoppable.
            I think her first shot, also the first of the game for the Jacks , in the first game of her career, I think, was a three pointer and she nailed it. The commentator of that time for WBB pointed that out (Tyler?? or Scotty) , and it stuck in my mind and I thought then, OK, here we go!

Comment

Paige Meyer will be in the Top 5 by the time her career is over. Jill Young and Madison Guebert also deserve consideration.
              This space for lease.

Comment

The up coming seasons promise success thru scoring balance and depth. Multiple roster players are capable of joining those named above on the All Time Lists.

Watch the assists, steals, possession count, run-outs, closeouts, and un-contested shots, which determine WINS more than points. Opponent defenses will be stretched to guard all three levels, and fatigued defenders do poorly.

Blending and complementing talents likely minimize any current player's climb up the career scoring ladder. WINS should be more convincing and more intoxicating for players and fans alike. Owning the Summit League is just a stepping stone.

Comment

Working...
                X