Carissa Thielbar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carissa Thielbar

Associate Head Coach Thielbar is stepping aside from coaching to spend more time with her young family.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

She has been a great asset. I figured this would happen at some point though. Her husband's schedule can't be great for raising kids with hers as well. I think lots of great options have to be out there though for someone new. I'm going to guess Jewett would not be welcomed back but who knows.

Comment

She's been an excellent coach, and I know the players really, really liked her.

Comment

Full time Mom, nice promotion!

Comment

Kristin Rotert comes to mind as a possible candidate.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Kristin Rotert comes to mind as a possible candidate.
            Maybe someone else on that staff...

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
              Maybe someone else on that staff...

Macy would also be a possibility - Kristin would have the advantage of more experience. It would have been interesting if Megan Vogel would have had interest if she was still in college coaching.

Comment

Macy Miller it is!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  Macy Miller it is!
                  https://gojacks.com/news/2024/5/10/w...f-changes.aspx
                  Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I have no idea if Macy can coach, but if AJ and Justin hired her I would assume she is 110% capable. Where I think this is a home run is for the “look” it gives the program to have arguably your greatest player ever to come back and coach along side her former coach. That screams solid, stable, and quality environment to me for future/current recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                      I have no idea if Macy can coach, but if AJ and Justin hired her I would assume she is 110% capable. Where I think this is a home run is for the “look” it gives the program to have arguably your greatest player ever to come back and coach along side her former coach. That screams solid, stable, and quality environment to me for future/current recruits.
                      agree with basically everything you said

except, I think there is very very little if any argument that she is the best player in program history. i would like very much to hear what argument anyone would make for anyone other than Macy.

we have been blessed with a TON and i mean a TON of great WBB players and not just in the AJ era, but on the all time list it is Macy and a whole LOT of really great players who are clearly at least a notch less great than Macy

beyond that, i would also say there is very little doubt that Macy can coach. at the very least she has an absolute ton of basketball knowledge!! she has been influenced by her dad Alan who was an all time great SD high school and college player. in the event you do not remember him as a player, he was a great scorer. she was also influenced by Coach Munson- enough said. and obviously by AJ. i have also seen her speak about the great impact that coach Thielbar had on her. in her time in Orange City she may have also had some contact with Earl Woudstra who is also a very well regarded coach- who played his college basketball for Jacks great MBB Don Jacobsen

so no doubt she brings a lot of knowledge and experience of being around some excellent basketball minds. I think it is only a matter of what level of coach she is able to become. can she reach the level of AJ? would she one day (and that could be still a long time in the future- he is young) replace AJ? will that be how the Jacks battle all the NCAA craziness, by hiring coaches like Jimmy and Macy who bleed Jacks blue and yellow?

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

except, I think there is very very little if any argument that she is the best player in program history. i would like very much to hear what argument anyone would make for anyone other than Macy.

we have been blessed with a TON and i mean a TON of great WBB players and not just in the AJ era, but on the all time list it is Macy and a whole LOT of really great players who are clearly at least a notch less great than Macy

beyond that, i would also say there is very little doubt that Macy can coach. at the very least she has an absolute ton of basketball knowledge!! she has been influenced by her dad Alan who was an all time great SD high school and college player. in the event you do not remember him as a player, he was a great scorer. she was also influenced by Coach Munson- enough said. and obviously by AJ. i have also seen her speak about the great impact that coach Thielbar had on her. in her time in Orange City she may have also had some contact with Earl Woudstra who is also a very well regarded coach- who played his college basketball for Jacks great MBB Don Jacobsen

so no doubt she brings a lot of knowledge and experience of being around some excellent basketball minds. I think it is only a matter of what level of coach she is able to become. can she reach the level of AJ? would she one day (and that could be still a long time in the future- he is young) replace AJ? will that be how the Jacks battle all the NCAA craziness, by hiring coaches like Jimmy and Macy who bleed Jacks blue and yellow?
                        , I mainly put the “arguably” in there as a liability waiver!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

I think recruiting could be where she really shines. How many SD kids will not be enthralled to be recruited by who is maybe the greatest player in state history?

Comment

We get most in-state kids the way it is.

Hopefully Macy knows the Koupal family well…

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                              We get most in-state kids the way it is.

Hopefully Macy knows the Koupal family well…
                              With the list of offers Koupal is piling up, that ship has likely sailed regardless of who we have recruiting her.

Comment

Working...
                              X