GDT: USD vs SDSU Semifinal 12:30pm Premier Center CBSSN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: USD vs SDSU Semifinal 12:30pm Premier Center CBSSN

The SD teams will meet a bit earlier than many years. The Tommies gave USD a bit of a game as Larkin carried the yotes to the finish line doing a big job on points, boards, & assists. The team did a solid job at the line as they shot 24-26 compared to 6-11 for the Tommies. The yotes also snagged 51 rebounds(15 offensive) to 27 for Tommies. The Jackrabbits should keep the yotes off the line and equalize the boards in today's game. The defense from the Jackrabbits should slow down Larkins & Co. Look for a great turnout for SDSU at The Premier. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Just play as capable, everything gonna be alright.

Comment

I want to see them start out strong. Ones of these times a half arsed start is going to bite them in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I want to see them start out strong. Ones of these times a half arsed start is going to bite them in the arse.
        They had 8600 Saturday in attendance. I do not think today's crowd should be a problem. The 2nd quarter was a stumble in the Omaha game as they only scored 9. Omaha defense was playing with everything they had with double teams resulting in 20 turnovers. Brooklyn should log more than 19 minutes today as well. Paige illustrated she can answer the bell as needed. It seemed as though Omaha was embellishing any contact with Brooklyn and the 1 female ref was eating it up.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Watched that Omaha girl Friday afternoon, same thing, head went flying back at any semblance of contact. Yep ref ate it up then too. Women's basketball has come too far to fall for that junk (like the obligatory foul any time a player dives to the basket and falls down).

Comment

We did not start out well against USD in either game this year. Hoping that isn't the case today. I think 3pt shooting will be key for both us and them. If Brooklyn can stay out of foul trouble, she usually does, then she should be able to have her way down low. We have limited Larkins fairly well this year. If our defense can play at the level it usually does, then I feel confident about this one.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
              We did not start out well against USD in either game this year. Hoping that isn't the case today. I think 3pt shooting will be key for both us and them. If Brooklyn can stay out of foul trouble, she usually does, then she should be able to have her way down low. We have limited Larkins fairly well this year. If our defense can play at the level it usually does, then I feel confident about this one.
              Not having Kendall Holmes will hurt them from the perimeter.

Comment

We matchup better with USD than Omaha. Omaha is very quick and is more talented than their seed. They likely would have been a higher seed but had several injuries to key players early. Brooklyn getting into foul trouble and how Omaha sold out on clogging the lane had an effect, but I also think there was some serious nerves. It's a big stage for a whole bunch of young players that are in key roles for the first time on that stage.

I expect them to play much better today.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Not having Kendall Holmes will hurt them from the perimeter.
                  Very sad news for her and her family by the way. Reminds me of Vlastuin. These kids deal with so much on and off the court.

Comment

link to stream. Practice safe web browsing by having an ad/pop-up blocker like ublock origin or adblock plus
                    Last edited by peavy; 03-12-2024, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Tight first quarter. Some missed shots and TO’s for us. USD relying on the 3. Hopefully they don’t start falling for them.

Comment

Someone might want to step in front of Larkins on those easy drives. 1st quarter in the books. Jacks up 16-14. Sloppy play on both sides (turnovers, bad shots, etc), and Coyotes with multiple air balls from behind the arc, and in front of the arc for that matter too.

Mentioned on the TV broadcast - an emotional week for the USD team. HC Kayla Karius gave birth this week (and in attendance still, major props to her on that), and Kendall Holmes lost her dad as well. Lots of emotions there. Prayers certainly going out to the Holmes family.

Comment

The law firm of Meyer and Meyer making it look easy. Some very gutsy plays converted by Paige, and Brooklyn continuing to back down defenders into the paint for beautiful buckets.

Comment

Out rebounding and hustle on defense are on a new level today. Byom with great rebounds.

Comment

Looked like the Jacks were pulling away but USD started getting shots to fall including a 3 at the buzzer. Dogfight in Sioux Falls as always.

Comment

Working...
                              X