No announcement yet.

GDT: NDSU vs SDSU 2pm Farewell Frost/Senior Day/Blue Out SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brooklyn the best player on the court today but Paige is taking over now in crunch time. Evans in foul trouble.

Comment

What an amazing way to close out Frost! I love this team so much. They have overcome more than any prior team we’ve had and have played some of the best ball we’ve ever seen.

Comment

The women are absolutely unbelievable!!! With Theisen and Timmer down before the season started and Paige trying to get back into game shape, I thought, well, 8-8 for a conference record!!! Then with Madysen going down…geez…they run the table again!!! Good thing I’m not a betting gambler. But, I’m thinking now, I may as well think the women will be NCAA champions…since I’ve been so terribly off on thinking the season was over before it started!!!! Aim for the stars…AJ must tell them that!!! We are very spoiled with this team every year!!!

Comment

First time ever back to back undefeated conference seasons. In my mind this cements Brooklyn as POY. The only way she doesn't win it is if they say its a 50/50 with Paige! BTW, MM and Mesa better be on the all conference teams too.

Comment

Congrats on the undefeated conference season.

In the highly unlikely event SDSU gets upset at the SLT, will they be able to host any post season WBIT or WNIT games in Frost ? The WBIT is a new NCAA sponsored postseason tournament, which gives an auto bid to all regular season conference champions that don't make the Big Dance. The higher seeds get to host in the WBIT until the semi-finals & championship game which will be played at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
            USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
              First time ever back to back undefeated conference seasons. In my mind this cements Brooklyn as POY. The only way she doesn't win it is if they say its a 50/50 with Paige! BTW, MM and Mesa better be on the all conference teams too.
              Zimmer posted that she is 29-31 from the floor in the last 3 games.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                If Brooklyn is not POY they should just cancel the award. going forward they could just call it the player we want to give an award to for whaterver random reason we feel like.

I agree with you on MM and Mesa. I will go a step further, Tori should be on the all conference team also

my honest opinion is that Brooklyn, Paige, and Mesa SHOULD all be first team. of course there is ZERO chance that happens!!!! Mesa is without a doubt the second best post player in the league! if she played for any other team she would play nearly 30 minutes a game. easily average 12 to 14 points a game, 8 plus rebounds, and 1.5 to 2 blocks a game-

seriously, she plays under 20 minutes a game. i am taking her points, boards, and blocks per minute and adding 10 minutes a game to her PT

her averages would be 11.4 points, 9.2 rebounds, 1.5 blocks per game
                does anyone not believe that is the second best post player in the league?
                and if she was on any other team she would be option 1 or 2 on offense instead of option 4, 5, or 6

anyway, I believe Mesa should be first team. she will be hurt by starting the end of the season as far as awards go, otherwise she would have been 6th POY, Oglesby from ORU better get it! she is an amazing player!! and I believe Mesa should have gotten it over her for all the reasons i described above, and playing for the undefeated champs, BUT Oglesby is very deserving!

I suppose MM will get more respect for post season awards because of her scorning as opposed to Tori. I like MM a lot, truly i am a huge MM fan and very looking forward to the remaining years of her career and I expect her to be a first team all league type player going forward, but I would probably, personally, give Tori, the senior, a little more love for the awards this year. Tori does EVERYTHING a team needs to have done that NOBODY notices

that wraps my thoughts at present about your thought about all summit. i truly believe all 5 Jacks starters deserve to be all league, but i highly doubt it happens.

regarding NDSU
                I think Hamling played a GREAT game today, hit a bunch of TOUGH shots. I think it will be a tough call if voters decide to put only one of Hamling and Evans on first team all summit. based just on the fact that they are very close statistically, and what we saw today, I would give the nod to HH over EE

I still LOVE EE as a player!! but if i had her on a team i coached, I would NEVER let her get away with spending SO SO MUCH time 15 feet or more from the basket. she is a very good 3 pt shooter! truly VERY GOOD, but standing around on the perimeter all game puts very little pressure on the defense, she draws NO fouls. also, at 6'3 I need her to get more boards!! she had 2 today. definitely not good enough from the most talented player on your team when you are playing the conference champs

also, how many players for NDSU had foul trouble, while the Jacks really have nobody in foul trouble almost every game. the Jacks BOTH MBB and WBB deserve credit for developing that valuable basketball skill!! the defend hard without fouling!! obviously, the WBB are the much better defensive team this year. (MBB doing better lately) our WBB are elite defensively and they do not get into foul trouble. think about how many times the other teams best players- Evans today, Larkins at least once last year and i believe one of the games this year, and ORU players this year- have to sit meaningful minutes because they do not defend without fouling

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Zimmer posted that she is 29-31 from the floor in the last 3 games.
                  not sure about Mr Zimmer math
                  last 3 games
                  STU- 11 or 12
                  UND- 7 of 7
                  NDSU- 14 of 17

i believe that is 32 of 36
                  already made my thoughts clear about POY

LOVE Paige!! love all of our players. i am actually running for president of the Mesa Byom fan club (I think i have a good shot to finish 3rd behind ma and pa Byom), Maddie M is getting better and better!! her 4 threes in the first half today, i believe were a BIG key, but everything every other team does against us begins and ends with WHAT THE HELL do we do about Brooklyn Meyer. and all of our other players benefit from that

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

last 3 games
                    STU- 11 or 12
                    UND- 7 of 7
                    NDSU- 14 of 17

i believe that is 32 of 36
                    already made my thoughts clear about POY

LOVE Paige!! love all of our players. i am actually running for president of the Mesa Byom fan club (I think i have a good shot to finish 3rd behind ma and pa Byom), Maddie M is getting better and better!! her 4 threes in the first half today, i believe were a BIG key, but everything every other team does against us begins and ends with WHAT THE HELL do we do about Brooklyn Meyer. and all of our other players benefit from that
                    OH BTW
                    in the two games before that Brooklyn was 14 of 20 (70%)

OH BTW again
                    as a team today
                    3rd Q Jacks shoot 9 of 14 (64+%)
                    4th Q Jacks shoot 10 of 12 yes you see that correctly freaking TEN of freaking TWELVE for 83.33%

they missed 7 shots the entire second half
                    remember when there was a day, people thought AJ and staff had TOTALLY dropped the ball, because nobody was added to this roster, and thought the season was likely over before it started)))

the WBB have been a total joy to watch this year and we have gotten amazing performances from players who have stepped up more than most outside the program could ever imagine possible

MBB have found their rhythm and are playing really enjoyable basketball to watch and are conference champs by multiple games

FB undefeated and back to back champs

Softball has dominated the conference for 3 years AND just finished knocking off top 20 rated Arkansas on their home field

Baseball had a historic offensive season last year. so far they are on pace to break the records they set last year
                    they have swept the first 3 games this weekend and are over .500 (VERY RARE for non ORU Summit teams in the OOC schedule!!) with a 6 and 5 record and they look like they could give ORU a VERY serious challenge for the conference

Wrestling was ranked in the top 10 nationally this year and have a serious chance to send all ten wrestlers to nationals

soccer went to the ncaa tourney and continues to be excellent

i am sure i could go on, i know CC and T and F are excellent also

point is we sometimes get a little bit grumbly. we probably have next to NO reason to do anything except be incredibly grateful for the teams that we are blessed to cheer for and all the people who continue to build an incredible athletic program

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
                      Congrats on the undefeated conference season.

In the highly unlikely event SDSU gets upset at the SLT, will they be able to host any post season WBIT or WNIT games in Frost ? The WBIT is a new NCAA sponsored postseason tournament, which gives an auto bid to all regular season conference champions that don't make the Big Dance. The higher seeds get to host in the WBIT until the semi-finals & championship game which will be played at Hinkle Fieldhouse in Indianapolis.
                      No, Frost is closed forever. Any post season games would be on the road. Contractors need the construction time.

Comment

It was awesome being in the building today. High level basketball, a great crowd, plenty of emotion with the end of Frost, Tori’s day, and celebrating what this shorthanded team pulled off.

My girls and I were in line 70 minutes before tipoff to get in the front row of the bleacher section. The girls (8 and 10) had a great time, with the highlight being after the game when Paige Meyer came over to high five them. A bunch of teammates saw and followed.

Speaking of Paige, what a game! She took a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

last 3 games
                          STU- 11 or 12
                          UND- 7 of 7
                          NDSU- 14 of 17
                          He tweeted that stat during the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                            It was awesome being in the building today. High level basketball, a great crowd, plenty of emotion with the end of Frost, Tori’s day, and celebrating what this shorthanded team pulled off.

My girls and I were in line 70 minutes before tipoff to get in the front row of the bleacher section. The girls (8 and 10) had a great time, with the highlight being after the game when Paige Meyer came over to high five them. A bunch of teammates saw and followed.

Speaking of Paige, what a game! She took a beating.
                            Feel like you were 21 again?

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post

No, Frost is closed forever. Any post season games would be on the road. Contractors need the construction time.
                              If they would have been selected to host, it would have been nearly 3 weeks before the game, since the tournament selection show won't happen for over two weeks. Definitely too long to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Feel like you were 21 again?
                                There were definitely flashbacks! Plenty of time to drink a few beers when you show up right when the doors open!

Comment

Working...
                                X