GDT: UND vs SDSU Leap Day 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: UND vs SDSU Leap Day 7pm Frost Arena Midco2/SLN

This game could decide if the Jackrabbits win the Summit alone. It is rumored they do not want to share. Borowitz may score some points, but I am hoping she leaves Brookings disappointed again. The last official week of Frost should fuel the support for the women. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

UND is bad this year and this feels like one of those games where you just want to see the team avoid another injury and also starting any bad habits. Maybe I'm wrong but its safe to say the outright title is in the bag already.

Comment

Colbeck and Byom have elevated their levels of play so much so this year! Fun to see.

Comment

Tollefson is outscoring some of the UND starters.

Comment

I'll give props to Jenna Hopp tonight. I have given her the nickname The Microwave. She gives me Vinny Johnson vibes. Does it all.

Comment

Just saw the last minute after switching from the men's game. What was the deal with Borowicz ? Looked like she was fighting back tears in the handshake line.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Just saw the last minute after switching from the men's game. What was the deal with Borowicz ? Looked like she was fighting back tears in the handshake line.
              I would guess losing by 56 isn’t how she pictured her senior year going. Great player. She couldn’t miss the first half but she was deflated the second half and couldn’t hit anything to close the game.

Comment

UND had 3 assists....for the whole game. Their offense was 4 girls running around setting screens for Borowicz to shoot. She took one less shot than the top 3 shot takers for us. No attempt by their coach to change anything until she put on the press against our 2 newcomers when the game was 45+.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I would guess losing by 56 isn’t how she pictured her senior year going. Great player. She couldn’t miss the first half but she was deflated the second half and couldn’t hit anything to close the game.
                  i did not get to see a lot of the first half, but it seems that UND really has very limited talent to surround Borowicz. that said, she still, put up 18 points in the first half. she had 40 in their last game. very good player finishing up her career with a very disappointing team

Comment

going to be interesting on Saturday. in theory the Jacks have nothing to play for. I guess the bison dont either. they are locked in to the 2 seed. I bet, however, neither team plays the game like it does not matter. Who will have more motivation? how bad do the Bison girls want to be the team to end the Jacks insane conference winning streak? I feel very confident the Jacks want to close Frost with a W and I think they have really taken a lot of pride in playing and winning games for their injured teammates

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                      UND had 3 assists....for the whole game. Their offense was 4 girls running around setting screens for Borowicz to shoot. She took one less shot than the top 3 shot takers for us. No attempt by their coach to change anything until she put on the press against our 2 newcomers when the game was 45+.
                      Did they have any assists in the first half? The 0-16 from beyond the arc was tough for the FHawks too. You are correct that there is no offense other than Borowicz trying to get a shot off. Have the Jackrabbits had more than 24 assists in another game this season?
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Did they have any assists in the first half? The 0-16 from beyond the arc was tough for the FHawks too. You are correct that there is no offense other than Borowicz trying to get a shot off. Have the Jackrabbits had more than 24 assists in another game this season?
                        Their first one came at with around 2:30 left in the first half.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Yes Borowicz is the VERY OBVIOUS focus of their offense, but I am not sure if anyone else could create anything and several other players did have some VERY OPEN looks and missed BADLY! I am not going to say for sure, I will concede maybe there are some circumstances where some of the other players would be more effective, but i am far from sure that any other player on the team can make a decent percentage even if they are shooting open shots

obviously the Jacks do play the best defense in the league, so we see players from other teams playing against an elite defense. that said, Borowicz shot basically 40% the only other players to top 25% were 1 of 1 and 1 of 2. otherwise ONE player shot 1 for 4 and the rest shot 20% at best

Comment

Working...
                          X