GDT: SDSU vs St Thomas 1pm Schoenecker Arena SLN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs St Thomas 1pm Schoenecker Arena SLN

The senior day for the Tommies may bring a little more game than normal from the hosts. St Thomas is on a 4 game skid. The bison gave them a 96-53 beat down Thursday and it keeps St Thomas[6-7] in the 5/6 seed line. Langbehn is a solid post player who has a tendency to pick up first half fouls which increase her bench time. Meyer & Byom may be able to help her to the bench. PG Hill & SG Scalia will be chucking up the most shots and points. Hill shoots 37%fg & 26%3pt & Scalia shoots at 41% from both inside and outside the arc. The team is shooting 31% behind the arc in conference. Last year the Jackrabbits struggled with 37% shooting in Schoenecker. The extra paint touches may improve that number this year. If the Jackrabbits win today, it is minimum tied for first in the conference. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Hoping Tori has a good day as it’s her last game in MN. Guessing the crowd will have lots of blue in it!

Comment

Paige will be in double digits by the end of the 1st quarter. Good offensive play so far by us. St Thomas will live and die by the 3.
      Last edited by GoJacks2011; 02-24-2024, 01:31 PM.

Comment

Not much defensive presence in the paint for the Tommies.

Comment

52 points at the half for us! We came to play today after a lackluster game at Denver. Good to see. Shooting over 70% from the field which isn’t a fluke. We are just taking wise shots and moving the ball well. Only two turnovers. This is peaking at the right time.

Comment

Can't ever remember seeing the losing team dribble out the last 25 seconds of a game.

Comment

Wow, that was maybe the most complete game we have played all year. 40 great minutes. HUGE performances from so many players. Lastly, clinched another season conference championship!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                Hoping Tori has a good day as it’s her last game in MN. Guessing the crowd will have lots of blue in it!
                yes it would have been very nice to see Tori have a good scoring game in her last game in her home state!!

BUT she really had a very Tori game (or at least what has become a Tori game in the last two years)
                28 minutes
                TWO shot attempts (made one)
                5 boards
                3 assists
                1 block
                2 steals

and NO turnovers

guarantee Tori had no thought at any point today about how many points she was going to score. she is going to end up underrated, underappreciated, and VERY missed when she is gone. a true team player in every way

Comment

3 players with 20 or more today. I dont believe that has happened very often. I am trying to think who would have been the last trio to pull it off

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                    3 players with 20 or more today. I dont believe that has happened very often. I am trying to think who would have been the last trio to pull it off
                    Would probably have to be Selland , Timmer and who else ? Burckhard maybe ? Going back further than that, Miller, Guebert and Burckhard /Selland ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Would probably have to be Selland , Timmer and who else ? Burckhard maybe ? Going back further than that, Miller, Guebert and Burckhard /Selland ?
                      Yeah I was thinking maybe Macy, Maddie G, Myah, but i have doubts it happened. Macy, Maddie, Ellie T or Macy and Megan Waytashek and one of their teammates (Thompson, K Young, Clarin) would be a solid possibility

I would not be at all surprised if it has not happened before. could go back to the D2 days. I think Pater, Schlagel, and B Davis might still all be in the top 10 career scorers

Comment

When is AJ going to invest in a raincoat, he got watered again today, congrats to the team for at least a tie for the regular season Championship, one more win for the outright title.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          When is AJ going to invest in a raincoat, he got watered again today, congrats to the team for at least a tie for the regular season Championship, one more win for the outright title.
                          that would be funny if he started coaching all possible clinching games in a plastic poncho)))) VERY FEW coaches need one as often as he does!!!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

that would be funny if he started coaching all possible clinching games in a plastic poncho)))) VERY FEW coaches need one as often as he does!!!
                            I was thinking though, AJ would never deprive his players a little fun , despite getting a little wet, and in the sweet 16 win against Syracuse , suffering a fat lip from an overly excited player and her water bottle. The players thought that was hilarious, especially Lindsey Theuninck, she totally lost it, she was laughing so hard. But, to your point, it would be funny to see AJ outsmart them and their re-action.

Comment

Working...
                            X