GDT: SDSU vs Creighton 6pm DJ Sokol Arena Nebraska Public Stream

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Creighton 6pm DJ Sokol Arena Nebraska Public Stream

The Bluejays are a familiar group for our women. Also, we have reached the senior year for Emma Ronsiek who is having a great year scoring 20/game at 52% with 5.7 boards/game. They are picked for 2nd place in the Big East behind UConn. Longtime coach Jim Flanery is still leading the Buejays with 401 wins. The Jackrabbits will need a solid game to get a win at the #21 team for the holiday season. Go Jacks!!

TV/Online Stream: https://video.nebraskapublicmedia.org/livestream/
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Video link is location based so looks like it won’t work unless you are under the curse of living in the state of Nebraska.

Comment

Excellent start. You could tell AJ was not pleased with the lack of effort the last few games. Much different story tonight. Offense and defense both look very different from the Gonzaga game. Jacks up 15-4 early.

Comment

The video link works here in Yankton, further proof that we're too damn close to Cornhusker land.

The first 5:00 were the best I've seen the team play. Sharp, aggressive, high energy - it looked like SDSU was the top-25 team. We were up 15-4 at one point. It looked like a little fatigue set in for the last 5:00, but we still lead 19-11. I don't know that we can hold the Jays off for 3 more quarters, but that was pretty encouraging.

Comment

Tale of two quarters. Offense goes cold and Creighton takes advantage. Going in down 23-29 at the half. I’ll be glad when these Creighton seniors are done. That group has always played well against us.

Comment

The lid must have went on the basket. 4 points in the quarter.

Comment

We let Creighton back in the game, last 5: 50 they go on a 15-0 run , we committed 4 TO's, last 6: 17 we went 0 for 6 shooting, started hot in the 1st quater , but ended the 2nd Qtr cold, you never know what to expect from one quarter to the next , with the lead they had built, only down six, but we need to break out of the funk we had in that last quarter to get a chance at an upset W.

Comment

I have a stream up on this discord link if anyone is interested. I don't think you need to download the application or create an account to join if using the web browser, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Ronseik making shots without even looking at the basket and the Jacks not able to hit decent looks inside. That sums up the night. Move on to conference season and forget about these last few games.

Comment

There just isn't enough offensive talent on this team. We go as the Meyers go. If you can control them we are in trouble. Luckily there are less teams in conference that will effectively be able to do that.

Comment

I was pleased to see the scoring production and level of play the first quarter, just wish they could have prolonged that level of scoring proficiency a little longer. Creighton was getting a little frustrated falling behind so much I thought, but then came the 2nd quarter and they regained all the confidence they needed to secure the win. We should fair much better in conference play I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                        There just isn't enough offensive talent on this team. We go as the Meyers go. If you can control them we are in trouble. Luckily there are less teams in conference that will effectively be able to do that.
                        We have a few guards that I think really have great potential still (Mathiowetz, Colbeck, Vlastuin). They just need some confidence more than anything right now. Hopp had a nice drive last night as well. The Meyers have each struggled offensively the last few games. This is just such a young team needing experience and confidence. Hard to do gain that playing ranked team after ranked team. Defensively, we’ve held some really great teams far below average so that end of the floor I’m not as worried about. We’ve not had a team this young and certainly with such a short bench in quite some time. I’m excited for conference play. The holiday break could be a good reset for all of them.

Comment

People would feel very differently about this season if the 2 point loss to Wisconsin and the 5 point loss to Washington State went the other way. 8-3 looks a lot better than 6-5 but you can’t turn the ball over as much as this team is turning it over. In their five losses they have 28, 21, 18, 17, and 17 turnovers. The points off turnover differential for those games were -13, -7, -18, -17, and -4. It is tough to beat good teams when you are putting yourself at that much of a disadvantage. Right now they are averaging 20.2 turnovers per game in our losses and 12.3 turnovers in our wins.

This year was always going to be difficult with the short bench due to injuries but they need to quit turning it over. I would expect moving into the summit league schedule the competition won’t be as strong so that should hopefully help with the turnovers.

Comment

On the lighter side and after reading your posts (along with the spirit of the Christmas season ) and doing some reflecting ,I must admit, maybe I do expect more from the youngsters than maybe I should, that's to the credit of AJ and staff producing the kind of program where big things from his recruits are expected , but they usually have more time under normal circumstances, to develop and mature under less stressful and less pressure to provide a huge chunk of the scoring load. I think they've done pretty well considering, Merry Christmas to all, it's right around the corner now.

Comment

Working...
                            X