GDT: SDSU vs Gonzaga 4pm McCarthey Athletic Center ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs Gonzaga 4pm McCarthey Athletic Center ESPN+

The Jackrabbits travel for the first of 2 Top 25 foes before Christmas. Gonzaga is the preseason favorite to win the WCC. They also have 4 of the 10 preseason players. They have an experienced team of grad students and seniors leading the way. The offense scores 82 points/game. This may be a game for next year in Brookings for a rematch if the OOC scheduling remains similar to other years. Washington St and Louisville are the teams that have defeated the Zags 10-2. They defeated #3 Stanford & Alabama earlier. This would be a great road game for the Jackrabbits to tip over a rated team. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Really bad start. Paige with a few turnovers. Was hoping she’d break the funk we saw in the last game. This could be ugly unless we can get some offense going.

Comment

Need to fix the D. Zags getting lay-up after lay-up...... after lay-up.

Comment

How many times have they thrown the ball away, not even close on too many shots , we look very bad so far

Comment

7 turnovers and 5 field goals in this half. That’s not going to cut it against most teams let alone a top 25 team.

Comment

They look very amateurish in this game, basics like passing. shooting, holding onto the ball are lacking.... I think their nerves have settled down some , we've made a couple baskets

Comment

They can't stop number 15 (Ejim) , athletic mobile forward ... she's very good when she gets around the bucket. She doesn't miss much when she gets the ball under the basket , don't have anyone who can defend her so far. Have to keep her out somehow, without fouling , hard to do.

Comment

Gonzaga can do no wrong today but we haven’t gotten blown out like this in a really long time. Hoping things against Creighton look better but a lot of things to work on before conference play starts.

Comment

Not sure that even the pre-injury Jacks team would be much more competitive today. Zags are bigger and more athletic at every position. Hopp is showing some good things though.

Comment

I guess being up 26 with 3 minutes to go isn't a big enough lead to pull the starters.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I guess being up 26 with 3 minutes to go isn't a big enough lead to pull the starters.
                      Or "cease & desist" shooting three pointers.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Their coach doesn't appear to be a pleasant person to be around.

Comment

Their coach doesn't appear to be a pleasant person to be around.
                          Can't attest to that one way or another, but I'll confess that I would defnitely rather have Keri, Shania, or Diane sitting next to me were I to go to Frisco.

Nevertheless, her husband either disagrees about her congeniality, or the money's good enough that he wants to be on her staff regardless of iciness.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

We've been on the other side of this as well so at the end of the day its college athletics. I thought we left our "starters" in too long during the FB game on Friday as well

Comment

Really?! We're playing this game now?

Comment

Working...
                              X