GDT: UT Martin vs SDSU 1pm Kathleen & Tom Elam Center ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: UT Martin vs SDSU 1pm Kathleen & Tom Elam Center ESPN+

This should be a winnable road game for Jackrabbits. We can watch some on ESPN+ before the football game. Good luck on reception inside DJD. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

There seems to be a 9th available player on the bench today for the ladies. Not sure who it is though.

Comment

Originally posted by sbruce65 View Post
      There seems to be a 9th available player on the bench today for the ladies. Not sure who it is though.
      Isabel Aesoph https://gojacks.com/sports/womens-ba...l-aesoph/12766

Comment

Not sure what that first half was...but it wasn't basketball.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

21-18 halftime lead. Not a whole lot of positive to mention right now.

Comment

Our defense will figure itself out. Offense though, zero rhythm without Paige. Tori Nelson has been very quiet this season. She needs to find a way to get going.

Comment

Big turnaround for the second half. Much better offensive flow and rebounding. Byom is playing with more confidence every game. Today’s level of competition felt similar to quite a few Summit League teams.

Comment

Of all the years, we've backed the Jacks WBB squads and supported them, they need us more than ever this season and I certainly plan to be on board with that plan. We take the win and move forward. #GoJacks

Comment

55-38 is your final.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Personally, I find it a little annoying that some announcers…analysts…commentators don’t seem to have much of any perception of what the teams have for players, injuries and what to expect of either team before tip off!!

I would have liked to hear about the history of each team, what they have this year and the injuries. This can’t take more than a minute or two to have a short concise recap of the teams. I didn’t hear much of anything like this concerning either team so I personally didn’t have any perspective of what to expect. They finally said at 5 minutes left of the 4th quarter that Paige was injured…that was it, unless someone else on here actually heard them mention something else noteworthy??

Other announcers seem to have all the info. on the teams and have spent at least a little bit of time doing some research and talking just a little with the coaches. Then they convey this with the audience so that we can get the feel for each team!!

UT Martins coach was very complimentary and knew all about the Jacks injuries and that AJ will get his team playing well even with all the injuries!! He had a good post game commentary.

Comment

I am impressed with the level of intensity Maddie M brings and she played for 35 minutes. she defends very hard. did have 3 steals to show for it and knocked at least one other ball loose but the jacks could not come up with the loose ball. led the team with 3 steals and 5 assists. STILL hoping we get her shooting / scoring going. i feel like she would really benefit from the team passing the ball more crisply and precisely. of course hoping that Paige will help with that

Brooklyn had another 10 boards and 4 blocks, and Tori led team with 5 blocks. Tori continues to do everything and defend everyone, but also continues to not score. i prefer today with Tori being 1 for 1 from 3 as opposed to missing a bunch of them, but i would rather see her shoot with confidence and miss a few than to be mostly a non scorer. she has become very much the girls version of a lower scoring Alex Arians- good and VERSATILE defender who does everything but score.

felt like the team was unquestionably unselfish!! but the passes were just a smidge late or a smidge off target. so instead of hitting someone in rhythm for a good look, we still let the D catch up and force a tougher or out of rhythm shot or another pass. it seems to me that this group of players and coaches WILL get this figured out and the offense will just keep improving as season goes along but it could have some ugly moments in the OOC schedule

Mesa 14 pts and 4 boards in THIRTEEN minutes. she is a very efficient scorer because she is a good FT shooter! i hope her confidence and skill keep growing and she is a true weapon ready to play against tourney level teams by tourney time!! will be very curious to see what she does against S Carolina. not gonna go into all of it but i can understand why her minutes are low still. basically want to have Tori (senior and very versatile and team leader) on the floor, and Maddie V has good size but can pull a defender away from Brooklyn with her perimeter shooting. hopefully Maddie continues to shoot well !!! if she runs into an extended slump (it has happened in the past but hoping this is the year she avoids that slump and shoots it with consistency and confidence all year!!!) be curious to see if Mesa gets more minutes

overall, i feel like this team is showing good signs and they will be dangerous when it really matters

Comment

Originally posted by sdsurulz08 View Post
                        Isabel Aesoph is from my old HS (Faulkton, SD Trojans) Class of 1964. Do they have sort of a JV program at SDSU? Like some of the very large colleges and some of the very small ones. Here in Mn, some of the D3 and NAIA JV teams will play the Community College teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post

Isabel Aesoph is from my old HS (Faulkton, SD Trojans) Class of 1964. Do they have sort of a JV program at SDSU? Like some of the very large colleges and some of the very small ones. Here in Mn, some of the D3 and NAIA JV teams will play the Community College teams.
                          No. That seems to be a D3/NAIA only thing. She’s quite small so not sure she’ll get any playing time but it’s an extra player on the bench if we get in a critical bind.

Comment

You have a JV program so you can get a bunch more kids to pay full tuition under the guise that they will make the varsity some day. By the time they realize they won't ever see the floor, they are far enough into their education that they quit playing, but continue to go to school. I thought I read one time that DWU had like 40 guys in their mens basketball program.
                            One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                            X