No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Arkansas St Red Wolves 6pm Frost Arena SL Network

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe a lot of Sports outlets have their own All- State teams, like the Argus newspaper, then you have the SDHSAA, others maybe coaches assoc or something. I'm not too knowledgeable about it ,especially with Iowa, so maybe someone else who's more knowledgeable can help. I think you have to be at least a 7th grader to play on the HS level varsity team, maybe even a 8th grader, not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
      I thought that Jenna Hopp stood out as a player that will develop into something special in time. Last night 18 minutes and 1-2 field goals but she just looks like she belongs. It will be fun to watch her get more experience.

One question - how is it possible that Jenna was named to 7 all-state teams in her Iowa high school career? Did she really make all-state as a 6th grader or are there multiple all-state teams in Iowa somehow where she was named to 2 different teams some of her high school seasons?
      i will not say that i know with absolute certainty, but i did coach in IA a while back. at that time you could NOT play HS sports until the 9th grade and i am fairly certain that the rule has not changed. i cannot remember the names of the multiple all state teams but that is also my recollection- the DesMoiines Register has an all state team and there is at least one other. i cannot remember the name of the organization that puts on the girls state tourney? iowa girls athletic union or something, that might be the other all state team
      OR maybe her team made several state tournaments and she made state tournament teams and someone is calling that all state along with the des moines register teams

anyway, i am fairly certain that you cannot play HS sports until 9th grade in iowa

Comment

Well…. I am definitely not a coach!!! But, after Jenna gave her verbal and after she graduated, I had read she was a four time all stater but I don’t know how many times she was first team all state… 2023 for sure. I also read where she was an Iowa coaches Association POY as a sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
          I thought that Jenna Hopp stood out as a player that will develop into something special in time. Last night 18 minutes and 1-2 field goals but she just looks like she belongs. It will be fun to watch her get more experience.

One question - how is it possible that Jenna was named to 7 all-state teams in her Iowa high school career? Did she really make all-state as a 6th grader or are there multiple all-state teams in Iowa somehow where she was named to 2 different teams some of her high school seasons?
          I saw her at the football game on Saturday in the concession line with Brooklyn Meyer and Nielsen, and I was surprised that she wasn't that much shorter than the two posts.

Comment

Working...
          X