Sanford Sports 17U AAU Game on ESPNU Monday 530 PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanford Sports 17U AAU Game on ESPNU Monday 530 PM

Sanford Sports 17U GBB top squad are playing in the championship game at the Tournament of Champions in Chicago Monday. Couple Jacks WBB (Fox & Sheppard) commits part of this team. Might be fun for you to check them out. Sioux Valley GBB coach Jamie Granum doing a great job with this team. Link to full roster attached.

Sorry I did not put this in the proper section of the site. Thought there would be some interest here.

Vasecka and Abdouch are also committed to the Jacks.

Comment

thanks for posting this!

edit: found a stream - use an adblock

Comment

This was a great first quarter for Sanford SD U17. Thanks for the heads up. 35-15 after 1 quarter. 3 point shots are going early. Great defense and ball movement are great to watch on ESPNU.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Damn. Not anything good about Timmer missing this season, but a bit of a silver lining is she gets to play two years with these girls.

Comment

Those kids good. Vasecka looks like she could start day 1 and possibly Fox too.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post

The Georgia gals did not have any answer for a mobile Vasecka. The ball movement was outstanding with players on the move which was way ahead of the defense. Sanford SD was extremely efficient for a high school game.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Replay up on ESPN plus. GEICO Summer Series.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  Damn. Not anything good about Timmer missing this season, but a bit of a silver lining is she gets to play two years with these girls.
                  Remember you called it on 7/10/23 when we get to the NCAA's in 2025 & 2026

Comment

A starting four of P. Meyer, H. Timmer, K. Vasecka, and B. Meyer looks like a good place to start a team.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The Georgia gals did not have any answer for a mobile Vasecka. The ball movement was outstanding with players on the move which was way ahead of the defense. Sanford SD was extremely efficient for a high school game.
                      It's rare to have a player that size be able to run the floor like that and still have a good handle. Especially at that age. Oh, and she can shoot from anywhere on the floor as well.

Comment

Wow. Vasecka and Fox, especially, were awesome. Their constant hustle, great passing and excellent shooting were really impressive. SDSU's coaches will be able to build a quite a team around them.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          A starting four of P. Meyer, H. Timmer, K. Vasecka, and B. Meyer looks like a good place to start a team.

We will have incredible depth for sure, besides those four , we can rotate in some very good players.I look for development by then from several players, with just those on the roster for those yrs, not counting newcomers we will get, yet to be known.If your curious how the young women got to the Championship like I was, as well as the 32 teams that were in the bracket , here's a link to the bracket, if you haven't seen it yet.The Koupal family had a very successful TOC experience, Macy (17's) and Ashlyn (15's) they won the platinum div. Congrats to them too.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-11-2023, 10:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post

I totally agree OldHare, if you look at their margin of victory , their margin increased as the tournament progressed and the opposition strength got better, they were a team that wasn't to be denied. In the Championship game they were just an unstoppable machine.

Question, did they have to win two play-in games on the 7th of July? Just wondering what those games were about, as all 3 teams playing on the 7th were in the Tournament, if so, didn't they have to play 2 more games than the rest of the field? And if they were play-in games, why wasn't any team eliminated when they lost? Again, if play-in games, why against top teams, one a final game team? Exhibition games? (why you'd want to do that, except for experience maybe?) Maybe I' m just not getting it.... something that is totally obvious to everyone else. Pool games (exhibition)?
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-14-2023, 02:56 PM.

Comment

Vasecka moves into the top 60 in National Class of 2024 rankings. www.prospectsnation.com/story/strong-moves-no-1

Comment

Working...
                              X