Mike Jewett Headed to USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike Jewett Headed to USD

Unfricken believable. Long time SDSU assistant and now Brookings AD Mike Jewett is reported to be joining the staff at USD.

If true, he has his work cut out for him. Have fun living down there as well. Downgrade in many ways.

Comment

He obviously misses collegiate basketball. Perhaps he has a longtime connection to USD's head coach. Whatever, it's his life.

Comment

I remember a statement about HS kids driving one to drink. But never to drive someone to coach at USD!

Comment

When he left the Jacks, I figured that he wanted to be able to watch his daughter play for Augie. But she is going into her senior year, so not sure how that all shakes out.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            When he left the Jacks, I figured that he wanted to be able to watch his daughter play for Augie. But she is going into her senior year, so not sure how that all shakes out.
            This was my take, too. The travel with playing and recruiting make it difficult on your family.
            I would have liked to see him back at SDSU but do not know if there was an opening. He might have wanted to still stay close to home but work with new coaches to work on his resume.

Comment

There's speculation that he wanted the head job at Augie but didn't get it. An assistant job at USD was probably the next best, local option.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Jewett says he enjoyed his time as Activities Director, but missed coaching. (per Brookings radio)
                He still has a kid in school at Brookings and a spouse who teaches in Brookings.
                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  There's speculation that he wanted the head job at Augie but didn't get it. An assistant job at USD was probably the next best, local option.
                  Should have applied at Lake Area.

Comment

Some speculation on the Yote board that Jewett's daughter could play her final year in Vermillion.

Comment

This is just speculation on my part, but I don't think Mike enjoyed his time as AD, and really wanted to get back into college coaching.
                      (He did not tell me this, this is just my thoughts)

Comment

I can't blame him. The Brookings school district is kind of **** show right now.
                        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Working...
                        X