Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Myah named Summit Athlete of the Month (good excuse for some comparisons)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Myah named Summit Athlete of the Month (good excuse for some comparisons)

SELLAND TABBED PEAK PERFORMER OF THE MONTH - South Dakota State University Athletics (gojacks.com)

I know she has won the player of the week many times and i feel pretty sure she has been Female athlete of the month at least a couple times. I wish they would have listed those numbers here since this will obviously be her last of these awards, but they did not.

beyond that they listed her career points, rebounds, and assists numbers and that got me thinking, or whatever it is that I do, some probably do not recognize it as thinking?))

First thought, I have talked about this before, I really really wish the gojacks site would list career and program statistics and program records / all time leaders, etc.... for the women. they are listed for the men, so it makes absolutely no sense that we do not have historical numbers for WBB

we can see all time leading scorers by looking at the 1000 point scorer list but anyone who did not score 1000 we dont have career totals. Therefore, the only way to find career stats and try to compare career leaders is to go back and look at each year someone played and do the math.

The article mentioned she is top five all time in all three categories, which made me wonder WHO are the top five in rebounding and assists. How would someone find out?? i already said the only way i would know. I was not going to go searching and adding career totals for every player i thought "might" be top 5 in rebounds or assists

anyway so i just looked up Macy. obviously we know she is the top scorer and i thought might be near the top in assists. here is what i can tell you in a comparison of arguably the top two players in the history of our program

Games Played Myah 153, Macy 144
    Points Macy 2355, Myah 2167
    Rebounds Myah 887, Macy 755
    Assists Myah 452, Macy 428

just thought it was interesting. I do not think that Myah ever played in every game of the season, until this year.. now going off memory. i believe her true freshman year we played 33 games and she played in 25 and started 17. true sophomore year (Macy's final year) we played 35 games. Myah played and started 33. true junior year, Myah was injured and redshirted. played and started 9 games, the exact same number as Macy played in the year she got hurt also they both had exactly 45 rebounds that year. redshirt junior year (covid year) we played 25 games. Myah played and started and DOMINATED the first 20 games, got hurt and did not play the final 5. last year, 5th year junior, i believe we played 38 games and i believe she played in 31. i cannot remember how many she started but not all 31 i dont believe

not gonna go back and look now but i beleive Macies teams played 144 games and she played in and started ALL of them (someone want to chime in a memory of her missing 1 or 2 somewhere along the way?), pretty impressive! availability is a good ability. and on the other hand it is also impressive that Myah persevered all the injuries and missed time and missed games and saw it thru to the end!!

obviously, i think we can assume if Myah had been number one in any category the article would have said it, so it makes me wonder WHO is the top rebounder and the other top fivers?

i will probably check a little later but have not yet. my guesses for top rebounder are J Warkenthien and / or M Pater. those are my top guesses for #1. S Schlagel could be up there and i bet there is at least one other from Coach Neiber's time maybe all except Myah and Warkenthien. I think they were easily the biggest rebounders of our D1 teams, but again i can forget things

I feel a lot more clueless about the top 5 in assists! My only guess is H Sieler from the championship team and when i say that, i think S Cizek from those teams had some good assist years too, but i cannot remember how many years she started or played a lot so career numbers might not be there. Sieler, on the other hand, i believe was a starter from day one like Macy. I think that was why i was surprised that Myah was ahead of Macy in assists because while she played more games, i have doubt that she actually played more minutes

i think others might be surprised because maybe some forget what a good creator she is, since she gave up a lot of that role last year and almost completely played off the ball this year.

Thanks for all the info , very informative post, much appreciated.

Comment

https://mobile.twitter.com/minnesota...C-pZbDodstAAAA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am not sure where the media guide for the last couple of years has gone. The last one that I find for the women is 2019-20. It has top 5-10 performers for many categories. The top performers lists start at page 31. It takes some time to load.
        https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s...2/WBB_1920.pdf or https://gojacks.com/sports/2009/6/14/3750178.aspx
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I am not sure where the media guide for the last couple of years has gone. The last one that I find for the women is 2019-20. It has top 5-10 performers for many categories. The top performers lists start at page 31. It takes some time to load.
          https://s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/s...2/WBB_1920.pdf or https://gojacks.com/sports/2009/6/14/3750178.aspx
          Thanks OH
          I did remember the media guides after i posted the original post here
          i believe the reason that i stopped thinking of those in the first place is they do REALLY take a LONG time to load

i actually DID open the most current guide and it has been about a week now so i am not going to remember all the mistakes i found but there are DEFINITELY mistakes in the media guide which is fairly disappointing!!

ONE example i can give you- in leading single season rebounding list it does NOT list Joelle Byre. she only hade ONE fully healthy season and she had 303 rebounds, which is tied for the 4th highest single season total

but in the media guide list of top single seasons there is no mention of Byre

i cannot remember everything i found now off the top of my head but i found about a handful of mistakes

and i will say while the numbers are mostly available (with a few mistakes) i still think it would be nice if the girls historical stats were listed in the same way the MBB stats are listed. i cannot think of a reason they would not provide them in the same way

Comment

Any thoughts on Myah's signing with the Minnesota Lynx.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
              The talent level of their roster is nowhere close to what it has been. They are short on post players and point guards, which doesn't help Myah's chances. And they have 5 draft picks for her to compete with. With the small number of teams in the league, the WNBA is tough to get a foothold in.

Comment

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
                Here is the training camp roster as of now.

https://lynx.wnba.com/roster/

I don't think the track record of undrafted free agents making a final roster is very good in the WNBA. Hopefully she impresses and a couple things fall her way.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Lynx drafted and signed four players, so have a large investment already made. A free agent signee needs breaks, maybe literally, eg, a roster player's injury.

A year ago, Hannah Sjerven did not stick with the Lynx and signed with the Sydney Flames. She started 14 of 18 games played, averaging 6.2ppg & 4.9 rebounds, before her father's medical condition required her to return to the USA.

​​​​​​https://wnbl.basketball/sydneyflames...amily-reasons/

A successful tryout camp may get Myah signed to an overseas contract, where her professional credentials can grow.

Comment

Final Lynx game is on Bally Sports North Extra now, and I believe it'll be on Bally Sports North tonight around 7 or 8pm. Here's a live link if anyone is interested (use an ad-block).
                    Here's a link to the first preseason game on youtube. Myah played from 7:29 (22:45 in the video) in the 2nd to 4:21 (27:50).

Comment

Myah was waived by the Lynx today. So difficult to make a WNBA roster. Many draft picks from top college teams are getting cut. Time to go make more money overseas.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                        Myah was waived by the Lynx today. So difficult to make a WNBA roster. Many draft picks from top college teams are getting cut. Time to go make more money overseas.
                        It's tough enough to make an NBA roster with 30 teams, having only 12 WNBA teams makes it next to impossible.
                        Last edited by bigticket1; 05-14-2023, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Myah is way too unselfish for the next level

Comment

Working...
                          X