Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NCAA Round 1 GDT: Southern California vs South Dakota State Cassell Coliseum 7pm CT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Round 1 GDT: Southern California vs South Dakota State Cassell Coliseum 7pm CT

USC brings players from California to Virginia for this match. The Trojans also bring 8 players who have played at another college prior to USC. HC Gottlieb has the Trojans playing good defense allowing 54.8 points/game. The Jackrabbits should keep up with as the Trojans have normally used a 7 person rotation. The Jackrabbits will have their focus on USC tonight in this 8/9 seed match. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

game link

Comment

So far, according to the ESPN announcers: USC is great; SDSU is there.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

We are the better team.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
          Williams, the "coach"/analyst, has been fairly complimentary. Gray does seem to be hoping to will USC to win

Comment

I love seeing Nelson rip ball away from Marshall

Comment

Burckhard with a key board & score

Comment

Jacks' defense, particularly versus Marshall & Sissoko has been impressive

Comment

they ABSOLUTELY expected USC to win and seemed to almost believe that it was some type of a right

also pretty ill prepared

mentioned over and over how Littlejon transferred from south carolina but never mentioned a thing about Dru leading the Pac 12 in assists.

said that Sissoko was a transfer from Syracuse, YES once she was at syracuse but she transferred from UM to USC - just seems ignorant and unprepared. like they dont really care about the game and it was not important. they just had to be there to watch the foregone conclusion of the pac 12 team winning

early in the game when it was like 7-2 the analyst says these jackrabbits wont quit early. like the game was over already but we would go ahead and play it out and we would be plucky but ultimately had no chance

well informed announcers would have KNOWN that we lost a very competitive game to UCLA and beat Louisville while missing a key player and were realistically underseeded at a 9 and in all likelihood were the superior team on the floor. i mean they never mentioned a word about us playing both UCLA and WSU

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                    Jacks' defense, particularly versus Marshall & Sissoko has been impressive
                    the jacks are / were the better defensive team minus the shot blocks and the defense goes into a higher gear when Kallie enters. NO QUESTION the DPOY in summit if she plays 5-10 minutes more. curious what the heck happened on her middle 2 FT)) first 2 and last 2 basically nothing but net!!! middle 2 nothing but brick. her FT really have improved but she still has some moments

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

they ABSOLUTELY expected USC to win and seemed to almost believe that it was some type of a right

also pretty ill prepared

mentioned over and over how Littlejon transferred from south carolina but never mentioned a thing about Dru leading the Pac 12 in assists.

said that Sissoko was a transfer from Syracuse, YES once she was at syracuse but she transferred from UM to USC - just seems ignorant and unprepared. like they dont really care about the game and it was not important. they just had to be there to watch the foregone conclusion of the pac 12 team winning

early in the game when it was like 7-2 the analyst says these jackrabbits wont quit early. like the game was over already but we would go ahead and play it out and we would be plucky but ultimately had no chance

well informed announcers would have KNOWN that we lost a very competitive game to UCLA and beat Louisville while missing a key player and were realistically underseeded at a 9 and in all likelihood were the superior team on the floor. i mean they never mentioned a word about us playing both UCLA and WSU
                      They could have checked with Vegas to find the Jackrabbits were 3 1/2 point favorites. Now they need to find the weakness in Virginia Tech.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Did you catch at the end of regulation when Myah missed her buzzer beater. They exclaimed “And that’s the game!!!!!!” Nope, no it’s not. Those two were atrocious announcers.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

also pretty ill prepared

Guess I'm in the minority, but I thought Williams recognized the Jacks' defense and underscored at least twice that Jacks were "familiar with playing against power conferences" and competing against power schools.

As for Gylten, I wonder if some of that was due to reduced playing time. Gray mentioned what sounded like "Gilsen" being an outstanding player not shown when they discussed Jacks' starting five.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Did you catch at the end of regulation when Myah missed her buzzer beater. They exclaimed “And that’s the game!!!!!!” Nope, no it’s not. Those two were atrocious announcers.
                            I love how some on social media saw that as evidence the "fix was in." Umm, they discussed OT seconds later.

Was I impressed by Gray? Not really, but latching on to a flub about "regulation" game being over seems a stretch.

As for Williams, I'd take her over Newitt in a heartbeat.

Comment

Highly hypocritical for Littleton to cite "calls going for" Selland in presser (approx. 3:20) when she and USC benefitted from gifted possession near end of regulation that resulted in her trey.
                              Last edited by jakejc795; 03-18-2023, 10:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X