GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles 2pm Mabee Center/ORUAthletics.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Golden Eagles 2pm Mabee Center/ORUAthletics.com

The Jackrabbit women are vying for an 18-0 conference season. The coaching staff has done a remarkable job of guiding this talented group to this opportunity. This team has a number of impressive stats through the season. ORU HC Musick has some talent led by leading scorer(20.2) & assists(3.9) Cooper. Tirzah Moore(she has not shot a 3pt in conference) is back on the floor as she scored 27 against the yotes. I would expect that part of the inside game to be slowed today. ORU averages 80.65 points/game. They allow 81.59 points/game. ORU is floating among the 5-7 seeds with their 8-9 record. The Jackrabbit defense has been a huge part of the success this season. The low count on personal fouls and effort to limit good shots should be the story line again today. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Really physical game. ORU is the only team in the league that remotely matches up with us at most positions in terms of length. You can tell we haven’t seen that in a while but in the second quarter we settled in.

Comment

Kallie playing so well in the paint

Comment

This is a fast paced game , the live stats page is moving like a stock market ticker tape, lots of things happening.
        Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-25-2023, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Oral Roberts tried to make a serious push this 3rd Qtr, but we put our foot on the accelerator to finsh the 3rd up 4.

Comment

This team is a very strong willed team, closing out the season on the road and winning in a very good way. They just seem so focused , nothing seems to shake them up or fluster them it seems.

Comment

ORU played well, has some really skilled players, and benefitted from a lot of calls but another 20+ pt win for the Jacks. First team to go 18-0 in conference play since 1994. That is impressive. This team is so damn good. Excited for the SLT!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Kallie playing so well in the paint
                She seems like an absolutely great kid!! pretty much like the whole team does)) i am sure she has a total team attitude and does not worry about her minutes or deserving to start or anything like that, but she has been really really good this year!!

i think the center for Denver will get DPOY. i think (could be wrong but i think) she leads the league in blocks and boards, and she is a good player!! but i do not think she is nearly as good a one on one defender as Kallie is. kallie also does a great job helping on screens. in my biased opinion, she is the DPOY and the 6th woman of the year and she starts and semi stars for every team in the conference except the team with Paiton and Myah

Comment

I think Kallies injury early in her career at sdsu really slowed her growth. I think the team always had big plans for her. I love seeing the depth this team has. We lose some greats but have 2 of the next greats already on the team with timmer and Meyer. B Meyer looks ready to take on a larger role also.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    I think Kallies injury early in her career at sdsu really slowed her growth. I think the team always had big plans for her. I love seeing the depth this team has. We lose some greats but have 2 of the next greats already on the team with timmer and Meyer. B Meyer looks ready to take on a larger role also.
                    100% agree with you on the injury!!! she was a BIG recruit and was expected to be the signature player in that group, which included Tori. I also do not believe she was fully recovered the following year. last year was her first fully healthy season in brookings

i also agree with you that the next studs are already on the roster, but it is going to be very interesting to see who steps forward and how. it feels to me like Meyer and Meyer should be the top rabbits. I am sure we are only seeing the tip of the iceberg for what Brooklyn is capable of. but i also think kallie could get out of the shadow of Myah and Paiton and show a totally nother level next year. and SAME for Tori!! and i think Timmer is just so determined and relentless that she might just force her way to the top of the food chain

honestly, that is an incredible top 5 and any one of them could have a 1st team all league type of season. and one of them will almost for sure be POY, unless POY comes from a team that does not win the conference

will they play Tori at the 3 and make that the starting 5? or will one of this year freshman guards force their way in or will Maddie V find another level in her game

Comment

did anyone notice that Maddie M played 11 minutes today? she had more minutes than B meyer. also hit 2 of 3 fg attempts. i really think her gaining time the last two games is a good sign. that said, i still believe we are only going 8 deep the next time we get into a tough game, unless someone has foul trouble

Comment

The replay available on ORU website was good. The minutes inched up a bit for starters in that game. The size of ORU had foul problems with 3 bigs fouling out while SDSU scored 50 points in the paint. It was entertaining to listen to their production. The PA guy was as clear on the sound as the play by play guy. The PA guy led a cheer Defense every time SDSU took the ball out and Go Golden Eagles when ORU took the ball out. The play by play disagreed with half of the fouls on ORU and he also had some suggestions for the refs to call on SDSU. That carried over to the post game interview with the coach who also thought ORU had some light fouls while SDSU did not have enough fouls even though ORU shot 1 more free throw. That could be the first time I have heard a coach whine about the refs in that fashion. The 2275 count in attendance had some creativity as they were not making enough noise to count 500. 500 looked closer to the actual attendance. The end of a great conference season at 18-0.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                        X