GDT: SDSU VS NDSU 1pm Scheels Center GoBison.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Jacks still waiting for their wake-up call. Down 11-2.
    After that start, Jacks outscore NDSU 80-42.

Comment

It’s pretty cool to see the Jacks out together another blowout win in spite of just coasting those first 8-9 minutes. That second quarter defense was impressive.

Comment

Our shooting may not….but our defense travels well.

Comment

NDSU’s team is better than prior years but the gap between us and them in terms of skill/talent is very wide. We dominated every single aspect of those last 3 quarters. Great fight and composure.

Comment

Yes, very impressive, they seem to get stronger as the game goes along, probably wearing opponents down

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
              NDSU’s team is better than prior years but the gap between us and them in terms of skill/talent is very wide. We dominated every single aspect of those last 3 quarters. Great fight and composure.
              Still big difference in quickness and foot speed.

Comment

Still big difference in quickness and foot speed.
                Remember 2 specific examples. One where Paige Meyer outran her defender down the court and pushed the pace for a layup. Another time when Timmer outran the Bison down the court for a score.

Comment

Originally posted by Route 12 Jack View Post

Remember 2 specific examples. One where Paige Meyer outran her defender down the court and pushed the pace for a layup. Another time when Timmer outran the Bison down the court for a score.
                  Then you add in Myah who is faster than most players her size, and you get a lot of easy buckets.

Comment

WDAY definitely found a homer for their color lady. Jacks getting no breaks from the officials.
                    NO KIDDING!!!! i am pretty sure she is the most biased, at least what i recall at this moment, i have ever heard. she made Jay Elsen (i know many of you think Newitt is worse) look incredible even handed. almost every comment she made came from an ndsu point of view. She either said what they did well, or how the ref made the wrong call to hurt the bison, or explained how the bison could have done something better when the jacks made a good play

later in the game she made comments about recruiting players to come to Fargo, and i am pretty sure she was a former bison coach. i never heard a name, but i wonder if it was the coach from their D2 power days when they won multiple national championships??

to be clear i am not trying to complain. I just found it interesting. when you listen to your team play on the road you OFTEN get announcers from the home team and should expect them to be fans of the other team. some make very little effort to hide that fact and some try harder to be even handed in their commentary. just found it interesting that she seemed to make no effort of any kind to hide her bias

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

NO KIDDING!!!! i am pretty sure she is the most biased, at least what i recall at this moment, i have ever heard. she made Jay Elsen (i know many of you think Newitt is worse) look incredible even handed. almost every comment she made came from an ndsu point of view. She either said what they did well, or how the ref made the wrong call to hurt the bison, or explained how the bison could have done something better when the jacks made a good play

later in the game she made comments about recruiting players to come to Fargo, and i am pretty sure she was a former bison coach. i never heard a name, but i wonder if it was the coach from their D2 power days when they won multiple national championships??

to be clear i am not trying to complain. I just found it interesting. when you listen to your team play on the road you OFTEN get announcers from the home team and should expect them to be fans of the other team. some make very little effort to hide that fact and some try harder to be even handed in their commentary. just found it interesting that she seemed to make no effort of any kind to hide her bias
                      It was their D2 coach. Amy Rulen, or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        It’s pretty cool to see the Jacks out together another blowout win in spite of just coasting those first 8-9 minutes. That second quarter defense was impressive.
                        ABSOLUTELY

the defense is just excellent! and we ended up shooting well today, despite a slow start. it had been we win the game with defense and rebounding and if we shoot it well we win by 20+

but on thursday we beat UND by 18 when we shot terrible in the first half. we did shoot well in Q3 and kinda took our foot off the gas in the 4th. one BIG differenct today, we made 27 FT on 84+% the bison obviously planned to be physical. i wonder if they or anyone has been thinking be physical and if you put the jacks at the line, they have been struggling??

also gotta make a point to point out Kallie had 10 boards in 16 minutes of game time today. she has to be leading the conference by a mile in rebounds per minute and maybe one of the top in the country. just for example, Myah leads the jacks with a bit over 6 boards a game and Kallie is a bit under 6, but Myah plays almost double the minutes that kallie does. quick off the top of my head math, she is averaging about 16 rebounds per 40 minutes

Comment

It was their D2 coach. Amy Rulen, or something like that.
                          YEP that is what i wondered when she talked about recruiting. YES she was the coach during the most dominant era of bison WBB. i cannot remember for sure but i am pretty sure they won at least 3 national championships in D2 with her as the coach

again, it is obviously her right to be a big bison fan and they can choose whoever they want to do thier games. it was just very unusual to get such an extremely one sided perspective of the game!!

to be honest I PREFER that home announcers make it clear they are a fan of their team. i think they should be!! but i also think you can be a fan and still from time to time say wow the other team made a great play.

maybe i am biased in his favor, but i think Tyler will pretty often point out that he thinks the officials made a bad call in the jacks favor and he definitely makes a lot of compliments about the excellent players the jacks play against

Comment

The Jacks are really looking good , no panic... so composed and confident in the face of being down 11-2 and turning the ball over seems like just about every possession early in the game, in a hostile environment. Everything's coming together now, rebounding, ball handling, playing smart and together,and even shooting now that they are getting the whole enchilada together, funny how that works, everything builds on doing the other things right, until everything blends together into something great, it just feels right when they play like that. We are moving toward peaking at the right time. All do to hard work and dedication and confidence growing in their own abilities and that of the team.

Comment

Working...
                            X