GDT: Jackrabbits vs Fighting Hawks 7pm "The Betty" Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Fighting Hawks 7pm "The Betty" Midco

UND is riding high coming off a victory over the Bison for the first time in 8 tries. It also kept the undefeated home record intact as they are 10-0 in the Betty. The Fhawks had a close call at home against Omaha that could have gone either way earlier in the season. This will be a tough road game for the Jackrabbits. Borowicz is still the center of the offense as she fires over 28% of the field goals and 20.5 points. She leads UND conference play with 4.3 assists/game and a similar number of turnovers. They have 7 players who average double figure minutes 6'7" VanderWal has averaged 6 minutes in 9 of the conference games. She played 14 against SDSU. The Jackrabbits won the rebound effort(38-25) in the first game. Myah is 19 points from the 2000 point mark. She should make this level during this 2 game road trip to North Dakota. According to GoJacks she would be the 2nd Jackrabbit and 7th Summit player to make that level. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

If the Jackrabbits play to their potential, no one SHOULD beat them.

But College Hoops don't work that way. Could be an interesting game tonight.

Comment

UND hasn't lost at home and we haven't been able to put together good shooting nights on the road. Should be interesting.

Comment

Our team is unpredictable enough that the next two games (plus ORU on the road) are definitely worth watching. We've had some real clunkers for 3 to 3.5 quarters. Keep that up and eventually it will cost a win.

Comment

Interesting weekly update from AJ this week. His comments about Myah's minutes and efficiency are interesting when it comes to winning and losing. She averages about 25 minutes a game because she understands they need to build for the future. But he seemed to say that if needed she would be playing more minutes if needed to win the game. Maybe I'm reading into his comments, but I too wonder about the inconsistency on the road and will we see more of Myah if needed this week?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
            UND hasn't lost at home and we haven't been able to put together good shooting nights on the road. Should be interesting.
            Well…

Comment

60-44 Jacks after 3. Men's game is over. Games started at the same time, for what it's worth.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                60-44 Jacks after 3. Men's game is over. Games started at the same time, for what it's worth.
                That's what happens when the officials take 15 minutes to overturn a call that they had right to begin with.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

That's what happens when the officials take 15 minutes to overturn a call that they had right to begin with.
                  They just couldn't get out of their own way

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

yes!! this is so stupid. not just tonights game, but basically every sport now. the entire idea of replay was to be sure and get the OBVIOUS calls correct. of course we hate it when tough and / or close calls go against our team, but no halfway sane human really expects officials to get EVERY call right. sports move fast and some of the calls are unbelievably close

if the standard of replay is clear evidence is required to overturn a call, then really this seems so simple. if the initial call was CLEARLY wrong, you should be able to see that in no more than 2 minutes. if it takes longer than that then you simply admit that there is not clear evidence to change the call and you play on

if ya wanna debate what time is reasonable amount of time, fine! personally i would be willing to give them 1 minute and call it good. reverse it or call it too close to call and leave it as is. PLAY ON!! but this bringing 2 and 3 officials over and looking at many angles and trying to splice different angles together and break it down frame by frame is WAY BEYOND a reasonable OR necessary disruption to the game

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

yes!! this is so stupid. not just tonights game, but basically every sport now. the entire idea of replay was to be sure and get the OBVIOUS calls correct. of course we hate it when tough and / or close calls go against our team, but no halfway sane human really expects officials to get EVERY call right. sports move fast and some of the calls are unbelievably close

if the standard of replay is clear evidence is required to overturn a call, then really this seems so simple. if the initial call was CLEARLY wrong, you should be able to see that in no more than 2 minutes. if it takes longer than that then you simply admit that there is not clear evidence to change the call and you play on

if ya wanna debate what time is reasonable amount of time, fine! personally i would be willing to give them 1 minute and call it good. reverse it or call it too close to call and leave it as is. PLAY ON!! but this bringing 2 and 3 officials over and looking at many angles and trying to splice different angles together and break it down frame by frame is WAY BEYOND a reasonable OR necessary disruption to the game
                      I could potentially support delay, IF it's sufficient enough to allow exit from seating area, prime ice cream line staking out, and return to seating area prior to play resuming

Comment

That was a terrible call reversal. And I don't mean to nitpick at the officials, but it seems like UND does a lot bumping and when they get away with it, they are ok. When they get called for it, they struggle.

SDSU's defense is just on another level from everyone else in the Summit. UND just struggled to get anything going. And really the only thing that kept them in the first half was offensive rebounds, once the Jacks took the second shots away, it was over.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

I could potentially support delay, IF it's sufficient enough to allow exit from seating area, prime ice cream line staking out, and return to seating area prior to play resuming
                          you are a maniac!

OKAY YES i can support that also, but they should only get a certain number of those and when they intend to take that long it must be announced that the officials have initiated the Dairy Bar ice cream intermission and review process

if they will reinstate the Tri cone double header as well as this, who knows??, maybe my dad could get 5 or 6 cones in one Jacks hoops outing))))))

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

They just couldn't get out of their own way
                            Just watched the replay. The overturn of the charge call with 2:40 left in the 3rd is downright embarrassing. Regardless of outcome, when the reffing crew takes over with completely unnecessary, lengthy reviews.... it absolutely ruins the game.

Does anyone with more knowledge of the rules know how many appeals you get? I found this rules document from NCAA that does declare in the 2nd to last item that a players' location in the restricted area is reviewable, but not whether or not they were set/in a legal guarding position.

Follow up on that as well... What does it even mean to be in the restricted area? Apparently I am not even aware... The replay was very clear Myah never touched her heel down on the restricted arc, but was potentially above it... Do you have to keep every elbow and strand of hair out of the vertical space of the restricted area? Cmon...

Also, what a disaster of a review process altogether... then they wrapped up the review and gave the foul to Burkhard who wasn't even on the floor. Yikes. And agreed with those of you who said reviews should only be for egregious missed calls or end-of-game critical moments.

Sorry...... off my LGR soapbox Great win by the girls! Showed some grit and tenacity to pull away in this one. UND players were playing awfully aggressive and chippy.

Comment

The tv annoucers were even like nope, she was out of the circle and pointed out how long the review process was taking.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X