GDT: WIU vs SDSU 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: WIU vs SDSU 2pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

February 2017 ought to remain in the books as the last time The Leathernecks defeat the Jackrabbits. WIU still lacks the rebounding needed to compete with the Jackrabbits. They are averaging 34% FG & 27% 3pt while shooting 43% of shots from distance. They are outrebounded by 9+ in conference as well. Gravina will play a deep bench. Today is Tittle IX celebration which is also the 20th anniversary of the 2003 D2 Championship which should bring in number of former WBB alumni. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Do we need to negate potential jinxiness of opener?

This is too dang close. Hoping Jacks gain separation in 2nd half.

Comment

Theisen's rebounding is impressive

Comment

Monster 32 point 4th quarter put this away !!

Comment

WIU used their zone to shut down the interior. Close until our 3’s started falling. We have way too much size and talent to rely on 3’s. Not a pretty game but one that we probably will learn a lot from which is good.

Comment

Pretty impressive to me to shoot as poorly as they did for 3 qtr's and still put up 81. Obviously WIU isn't a top tier team but still. Myah missed quite a few shots she normally would make more of. Paige also made a few poor decisions which isn't normal for her. But all in all, its a W and they finished strong at least.

Comment

I agree this was a good win. There are so many tools in the shed to win a game and if you look at the stats it shows. Theisen's 14 rebounds!! They kept playing well (except for a few poor decisions) until the lid came off the basket. If you don't experience adversity there is no experience to draw on to overcome it.

Comment

Originally posted by KindofaHare View Post
                I agree this was a good win. There are so many tools in the shed to win a game and if you look at the stats it shows. Theisen's 14 rebounds!! They kept playing well (except for a few poor decisions) until the lid came off the basket. If you don't experience adversity there is no experience to draw on to overcome it.

you nailed it!! you can still learn in cakewalk games but it is harder

also it is nice to get some easy ones but the tougher ones are more fun to play in .... and a lot more fun to watch? dont ya think? i will say my brother likes to have absolutely zero anxiousness when he watches but i feel like that is the minority? but i am probably stupid.

did you have more fun watching the wnit 4th and 5th round wins against bama and ucla? down to the wire games. OR you enjoy more and prefer games like the seton hall final? butt kicking from start to finish

Comment

Working...
                X