GDT: Kansas City vs SDSU NOON Frost Arena GoJacks.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Kansas City vs SDSU NOON Frost Arena GoJacks.com

The Roos also bring a new coach to Frost Arena. Dionnah Jackson-Durrett has the helm now. She most recently the associate head coach at Texas a few years and the assistant at Mississippi State as well. The Roos lost many of their starters from last year's team to graduation and transfer. The Roos are 4-8 with a recent 20+ point loss in Vermillion. The Roos may have several players that have been injured as well. They will be able to bring in plenty of length as 6 players are 6' or taller, This will be the 2nd game that the Jackrabbits should be able to play Paige and Dru at the point. The experience for this spot will be a great luxury. Beat the blizzard for the noon tip. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Offense is clicking! UMKC struggling. Great start.

Comment

Is Colbeck in the doghouse? She hasn't gotten any minutes lately and I didn't see that she was injured.

Comment

Looks to be a long hard winter for KC women's basketball. And their coach certainly doesn't look to be inspiring them. Wasn't impressed when she let the game get to 19-0 before taking a timeout.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
          Is Colbeck in the doghouse? She hasn't gotten any minutes lately and I didn't see that she was injured.
          She has really struggled the last month or so. Lots of TO’s. Just needs to get her feet under her a bit more and settle down. These types of games will be great for her development.

Comment

I like Colbeck getting playing time. Wasn't she lights out on 3's in HS? She never even tries one in college ball.I think Jacks are playing sloppy basketball still, too much, regardless of the score, but I'm kind of a perfectionist when it comes to Jackrabbits WBB, as I've been kind of spoiled in that regard watching all the teams during the Div 1 era. Kansas City can't hit anything so naturally we are going to be way up on them. I'm more interested to see the team get better on execution, shooting, ball control , awareness of opposing players around them, securing rebounds better, etc, etc, .....BUT, happy we are doing well scoring wise. Hope people can see that I'm not just critical for no reason other than just to be critical, I really do want to see them become the team that we all know they are capable of becoming.We should strive to be as good at executing as we can be, regardless of how well we are in command of the game, but still have fun playing too.

Comment

If we continue to get up big, hope we see a lot of bench players get playing time, that's more important than running up the score IMO.

Comment

Hard to be too critical of Colbeck as she got put in a difficult position to begin the season, as she was the starting PG because of injuries, which doesn't appear to be her natural position. And against some pretty stiff competition.

Comment

Good game, first road games coming up, opponents are W. ILL & St Thomas, enjoy the Holidays everyone!

Comment

Ellie Colbeck was able to log minutes yesterday with Paige & Dru getting minutes to stay sharp on the floor. Paige was on the bicycle during the early part of game prior to checking into game. Tori even had a few minutes at PG during the second half. This game illustrated that opponents better get back on defense as there were many fast break points. (27 assists were made on 36 made shots) 23 Jackrabbit fast break points scored plus some that were broke off due to defense. MV & Paiton were both benefitting by racing down the court. There were others, but those 2 were more frequent. 60 points in the paint balanced the 3 point shooting after the first quarter when they shot 1-15 for deep. The afternoon game made for a smaller and more quiet crowd. The rotation of the team resembles some of the teams of the 2007-2009 teams when 10 players are in rotation. If that rotation continues, the fast break points may continue to run past some of the Summit teams.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                      Ellie Colbeck was able to log minutes yesterday with Paige & Dru getting minutes to stay sharp on the floor. Paige was on the bicycle during the early part of game prior to checking into game. Tori even had a few minutes at PG during the second half. This game illustrated that opponents better get back on defense as there were many fast break points. (27 assists were made on 36 made shots) 23 Jackrabbit fast break points scored plus some that were broke off due to defense. MV & Paiton were both benefitting by racing down the court. There were others, but those 2 were more frequent. 60 points in the paint balanced the 3 point shooting after the first quarter when they shot 1-15 for deep. The afternoon game made for a smaller and more quiet crowd. The rotation of the team resembles some of the teams of the 2007-2009 teams when 10 players are in rotation. If that rotation continues, the fast break points may continue to run past some of the Summit teams.
                      This is the deepest team we’ve had in years. Post and now PG position especially.

Comment

Working...
                      X