GDT: UT Martin vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: UT Martin vs SDSU 6pm Frost Arena Midco

A doubleheader in Frost tonight with WBB hosting UT Martin Skyhawks for a first game between these teams. Skyhawks are the OVC preseason 2nd place choice. They have 7 freshmen on the roster with 4 of those players making contributions for the 3-5 Skyhawks. The recent win over Vanderbilt is their big win for this early part of the year. The leading scorer is 5'11" Fr McCarn. She has been missing from the box score the last 4 games. 6'2" Fr Currie-Jelks is the 2nd leading scorer & #1 rebounder. There are only 10 Skyhawks in the box score thus far in the year with 3 freshmen with no stats. It seems the Jackrabbits have found some rhythm as 28 points came from the bench in the KState game. This is the final OOC home game and the team is appearing they are ready for the Summit League. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

I see it is Paige Meyer's birthday today. I wonder if she might be dressed tonight & get a few minutes in.

Comment

Originally posted by Borderboy View Post
      I see it is Paige Meyer's birthday today. I wonder if she might be dressed tonight & get a few minutes in.
      per Scotty on pregame show, UTM missing two starters tonight -- only dressing 8. Meyer is dressed and warming up but won't play

Comment

UT Martin is young. Lots of potential down the road but two players not dressing tonight with injury/illness. Hoping our young players can get some good minutes. Meyer not playing but maybe we’ll see her play Thursday night.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          UT Martin is young. Lots of potential down the road but two players not dressing tonight with injury/illness. Hoping our young players can get some good minutes. Meyer not playing but maybe we’ll see her play Thursday night.
          Glad to hear/see she’s dressed tonight. That’s one step closed to getting her back. Also great to see Dru playing tonight.

Comment

We are still making far too many turnovers.

Comment

Very uninspired first half. Defense good but sloppy on the offensive end.

Comment

Wonder if AJ didn’t challenge them to play faster/harder in preparation for the SC game on Thursday night. Looks to me like they’re trying to move the ball faster/quicker that’s resulting in some TOS.

Comment

I like Mathiowetz’s ability to put it on the floor and drive to the basket.

Comment

Our post depth this year is unreal. Not sure we’ve ever had this much depth at that position. Byom would see decent minutes with most D1 teams.

Comment

Three-point shooting coming around nicely for the women in the past 2 1/2 games.

Comment

Anyone else notice how the end of our bench this year is wayyy better than the last 3-4 years? Adding Paige into the mix is going to leave a lot of options over there.

That UTM coach had a miserable night! He looked somewhere between needing a stiff drink and being nauseous most of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                          Our post depth this year is unreal. Not sure we’ve ever had this much depth at that position. Byom would see decent minutes with most D1 teams.
                          Nice to be able to from Payton to Kallie to Brooklyn…..and even Mesa as you noted. No breaks for the opponent this year when we sub in the post.

Comment

Good confidence builder for the starters, and also got the bench some much needed minutes.

Comment

Maddy V really looks vastly improved, and Regan Nesheim looks like she can play some tough defense. Most if not all of the bench has made great strides. I am really looking forward to see how we do against # 1 lock South Carolina. Is this the first game we've played a #1 ranked team? I hope the Pentagon is kind to us it should be packed and loud.
                              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-13-2022, 12:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X