GDT: SDSU vs #24 Kansas State 1pm KC, Mo Municipal Auditorium Radio only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU vs #24 Kansas State 1pm KC, Mo Municipal Auditorium Radio only

HC Jeff Mittie leads the Wildcats as they are currently 9-1. Mittie's Wildcats are 7-0 in the series. Mittie did see the Jackrabbits while he was HC at TCU and he was on the other end of the score during that first NCAA tourney game for the Jackrabbits. This year the signature win was a home win over Iowa 84-83. The lone loss was against Arkansas at the Virgin Islands. 6'6" Ayoka Lee is the player who led the Wildcats last year in the win at Frost. Lee will return for her RSr year next year following a surgery before the season. This game will get the 5-4 Jackrabbits a chance to have another signature win at a neutral court. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

only untelevised game on the Kansas State schedule - even their two exhibition games (against Fort Hays State and Newman) were on ESPN+. Strange how that works out

Comment

Paige Meyer is practicing. Coach said they're hoping to get her back before the break

Comment

Offense is clicking today! Looks like Selland had to sit most of the first half with foul trouble. Vlastuin and Meyer playing well.

Comment

Midway through the 3rd, Peterson suggested Gylten stressed her knee after losing her balance while going for a loose ball - noted she was distressed while leaving the court

Comment

And of course with the football game on I totally missed this game.

Comment

Good win on a neutral court, should be a tier 1 win.

Comment

Hope Gylten's injury turns out to be minor and she's not out too long when we're just starting to roll.
                Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-10-2022, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  Hope Gylten's injury turns out to be minor and she's not out too long.
                  In postgame, Johnston said "... she'll deal with an injury I think all year, and I don't think this is changing that at all. She even said 'hey I'd be ready to go back in if you need me for a couple of minutes,' and we just thought we're not going to put her in that situation. She'll be in a good place moving forward, but it's just a tough one to come back from."

Comment

not only was the game not televised the radio broadcast was not very clear (or was that just at my place?) it took me back to my childhood sitting very close to the tv or the radio and constantly fiddling with the antenna- i am such a wizard with technology)))

but did listen to most of the second half and it seemed like the jacks carried over the momentum and the rhythm that they found in the 4th Q against UNI. shot efficiently. convincingly beat a bigger team on the boards. and generally sounded like the jackrabbits we are used to.

just a BUMMER that Dru is gonna have to deal with this all year!!((( also i never heard anything about why Ellie didnt get any minutes in the second half? cannot see boxscore yet, did she get minutes in the first half? no points for Tori until FTs to ice it at the end but it sounded like she did a solid job at the point

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                      not only was the game not televised the radio broadcast was not very clear (or was that just at my place?) it took me back to my childhood sitting very close to the tv or the radio and constantly fiddling with the antenna- i am such a wizard with technology)))

but did listen to most of the second half and it seemed like the jacks carried over the momentum and the rhythm that they found in the 4th Q against UNI. shot efficiently. convincingly beat a bigger team on the boards. and generally sounded like the jackrabbits we are used to.

just a BUMMER that Dru is gonna have to deal with this all year!!((( also i never heard anything about why Ellie didnt get any minutes in the second half? cannot see boxscore yet, did she get minutes in the first half? no points for Tori until FTs to ice it at the end but it sounded like she did a solid job at the point

I didn’t see Ellie in the box score! Plus, a good game like this with a top 25 team and it’s not even on ESPN+…Come on

Comment

Nope. zero minutes for Ellie today. anybody hear anything?

26 minutes for Maddie V today 4 of 6 on 3s. 4 boards and 4 assists i believe. hopefully she can keep up the outside shooting. right now it is quite needed and would always be valuable, even if the rest of the team begins to find their normal game from the 3pt line

Myah is really picking up her FG percentage, 8 of 11 today, but she is being very selective about shooting 3s, which is a very good philosophy and one most of the team seems to be embracing

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Broadcast sounded fine on my end, but I was using the phone application. Here's a link to box score from KState website. Doesn't look like Colbeck played, and I don't think she was referenced at all during pre or post game.

Comment

Great win! Back to normalcy. Hoping we see Paige Meyer before Thursday. Some of our younger players are starting to develop which is what we need.

Comment

Also, for a clearer broadcast I recommend using the Jackrabbits app. Not sure why but the stream is crystal clear on that versus the radio or other sources.

Comment

Working...
                              X