GDT: Mississippi St Bulldogs vs SDSU Jackrabbits 6pm @ Frost Arena/Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    It's hard to imagine the coach encouraging players to crank up contested three-point shots when they barely shot 50 pecernt from the free throw line against Mississippi State. With only slightly better shooting on free throws, the game would not have been close at the end. Hopefully outside shooting improves, and the team gets back to last year's level of excellence.
    AJ's team is predicated to moving the ball and getting the best shot, so I don't see him going away from that. It's also predicated to open 3 pt shooters taking shots. I can see both sides of an argument. We got more points in the paint than they did with their 6' 4" > players and were shooting poorly from 3. I think it was reasonable given these circumstances to put a limit on 3pt shots, just to preserve possessions that were paying off more, that being points in the paint, a simple trade off for this particular game and it worked out. When the shooting comes around there will definitely be more than 8 attempts a game I'm pretty sure of that.

Comment

Working...
    X