No announcement yet.

2022-2023 Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The complaints are usually regarding in-person attendance, but mirror scheduling also sucks for those who have an interest in more than a single team and watch from home. How about those weeknights where nearly every Summit men's and women's game tips off around the same time? That's like the conference making sure no one watches TOO MUCH Summit basketball or gets too interested in what's going on around the league.

I guess the underlying issue is that, outside of SD, none of the WBB programs have much of a following. Also, apparently very few of the fans care to watch conference games that don't involve "their team". A great way to keep it that way is to make sure they're unlikely to tune in to another game.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      The complaints are usually regarding in-person attendance, but mirror scheduling also sucks for those who have an interest in more than a single team and watch from home. How about those weeknights where nearly every Summit men's and women's game tips off around the same time? That's like the conference making sure no one watches TOO MUCH Summit basketball or gets too interested in what's going on around the league.

I guess the underlying issue is that, outside of SD, none of the WBB programs have much of a following. Also, apparently very few of the fans care to watch conference games that don't involve "their team". A great way to keep it that way is to make sure they're unlikely to tune in to another game.
      sucks for midco sports also. They can show a fraction of the games they could otherwise. if they had different games times and days, they could have games on TV basically everyday. I would have to imagine they are not a fan of this scheduling also.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I'm not arguing for mirror scheduling. That stated, an argument for mirror scheduling is it gives every school home games every week during the season.
        You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
          I'm not arguing for mirror scheduling. That stated, an argument for mirror scheduling is it gives every school home games every week during the season.
          The bad part about that is the event staff have to work every weekend once the conference schedule starts.

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
            18 games, 9 at home , 9 away, whether or not mirror scheduling is used, same thing for travel expenses, in the long run they should also be the same, regardless of mirror scheduling used or not. It must be ease of making out the schedule, mirror scheduling is much easier is it not?
            Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-07-2022, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Bigticket and Jackdaniel, true and true. My point is, and again I'm not arguing for mirror schedules, interest in the season may improve with home games every week. For teams with a strong following that might not be an issue. For teams with light followings weekly home games might help attendance.
              You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Battle 4 Atlantis bracket released. We play UCLA and then either Tennessee or Rutgers
                https://gojacks.com/news/2022/9/7/wo...-released.aspx

Comment

Battle 4 Atlantis bracket released. We play UCLA and then either Tennessee or Rutgers.

Difficult to defeat UCLA thrice in just under one year's time.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                    Battle 4 Atlantis bracket released. We play UCLA and then either Tennessee or Rutgers.

Difficult to defeat UCLA thrice in just under one year's time.
                    Kind of surprised they matched them up after they played twice last season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Kind of surprised they matched them up after they played twice last season.
                      thats probably why. Should be good test for both teams again. Wouldnt be surprised regardless of what happens in this game.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Thoughts on the upcoming season:

1. Watch SoS (Strength-of-Schedule) rankings from Nov 1st-&-onward - SDSU easily top-20, pushing Top-10, until Summit League games commence.

2. Looking at competitors' rosters for 2022-23 and seeing oodles of Minnesota players. Lehigh has 6, while Creighton & USD have 4 each. Jacks have 5 from both MN & SD. (Yotes have 2 SD players)

3. Paige Meyer's recovery/return is likely mid-season. Options: redshirt, get her ready slowly for post-season, or does it all depend on team's needs & success?

4. Expecting monster contributions from at least two newcomers, other than Gylten. If we agree on the starting five, but off the bench comes who?

Comment

Looking forward to see how the talented group of freshmen play their first season, hope they learn fast and contribute early, and how much the bench from last season has improved, enough to get more playing time? Hopefully so. Also Kallie T and of course Timmer will see lots of playing time from their performances from last season. How will Gylten handle a new system leading the team on at the PG position. This is a very intriguing season for sure for me. We might be grooming a very special team by seasons end, but Jackrabbit basketball is always great fun to watch and very entertaining .Paige M coming back at some point is very positive too. Lots to look forward to.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 09-09-2022, 06:49 PM.

Comment

I'm not sure I can ask this correctly? Paige was hurt during the K C game on Feb. 26. If she comes back after Feb 27, 2023 would she be completing her first year of eligibility,, or has her freshman year concluded and she would be using her second year of eligibility?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                              I'm not sure I can ask this correctly? Paige was hurt during the K C game on Feb. 26. If she comes back after Feb 27, 2023 would she be completing her first year of eligibility,, or has her freshman year concluded and she would be using her second year of eligibility?
                              She would be using her second season of eligibility.

Comment

South Carolina @ the Pentagon tickets went on sale a few minutes ago on Ticketmaster. Over half sold already. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was sold out by the end of the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X