WOMEN'S BRACKETOLOGY: 2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now a 6 seed.

The SEC put nine teams in, including two No. 1 seeds. UConn dropped to a No. 2 seed, Kansas State fell out and Duke went from a No. 11 seed to a No. 8.
    @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
    --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      It would be great if the Jacks could sneak into the top 16 and host the first two rounds.
      I think, I might be wrong but, didn't we achieve a 16 rank in 2008-2009, our first yr in Div 1, it was after the tournament ( where we were a #7 seed) in the final ranking of the season though, so no hosting ? So, it's not out of the question at some point we can duplicate that, hopefully this season. If we do well in the OOC and get to host by making it to a four seed, that would go a long way toward getting us to an elite 8 game, but would then have to face #1 more than likely if we're a #4 seed, interestingly. as a six seed , we'd play a two seed if we made it that far in an elite 8 game. It's all hypothetical until you make it real isn't it. Hope we can make it happen, it would be a blast to cheer them on.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-04-2022, 11:01 AM.

Comment

Yes…Jacks ranked 15/16…ESPN/Associated Press when they played #5 Baylor…Lost 60-58….one hell of a game. Believe they have the tools this year to do some major damage. No major injuries please!!!! GO JACKS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

I think, I might be wrong but, didn't we achieve a 16 rank in 2008-2009, our first yr in Div 1, it was after the tournament ( where we were a #7 seed) in the final ranking of the season though, so no hosting ? So, it's not out of the question at some point we can duplicate that, hopefully this season. If we do well in the OOC and get to host by making it to a four seed, that would go a long way toward getting us to an elite 8 game, but would then have to face #1 more than likely if we're a #4 seed, interestingly. as a six seed , we'd play a two seed if we made it that far in an elite 8 game. It's all hypothetical until you make it real isn't it. Hope we can make it happen, it would be a blast to cheer them on.
          Top 16 seeds started hosting first and second round games beginning with the 2014/15 season.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Top 16 seeds started hosting first and second round games beginning with the 2014/15 season.
            My bad, I forgot, but they were usually placed close to home, like Baylor, they weren't home , but they were just down the road so to speak, I think this was the precursor to the first 4 seeds hosting.They liked giving an advantage to the P-5 schools whenever they could. I remember Missouri St (can't remember their old name, SE Missouri St ?) when they had Jackie Stiles, they run the team ragged traveling on the road on their way to the final 4.

Comment

Greenville, boo. A Sweet Sixteen run this year in the Seattle Region would be epic. Whole season to go before I get my hopes up.

Comment

hey Boze MAN i guess from the name you want them in seattle because that is not too bad a trip for you

but other than something like that i dont know why we would wish to go to the far northwest again. that is what the jacks had to do last time in final 16

i want to be in a region in twin cities or KC or somewhere JUST DOWN THE ROAD like the freaking red menace had last year

everyone says the gym in wichita was 75% red
                so the only think stopping the jacks from having it 90% blue is Tx availability

usd really really blew a golden golden opportunity last year. they will NEVER be able to ask for a better chance to make a final 4

jacks have NEVER had a draw ANYTHING close to that. this year, it they stay healthy, i believe THEY WILL HAVE the team!!! hopefully they get the draw

on another note: INTERESTING that current projections have usd getting an at large bid and playing UNL

gotta believe they are overlooking the fact of losing the whole coaching staff and the ENTIRE starting unit
                i think usd will be solid this year. likely still the number 2 in the summit, but if they are even in consideration for an at large, that will mean that the pieces REALLY fell together in the best possible way for them

ALSO WOW playing UNL!!!!! in my best dreams the jacks get a shot to play the husker girls this year (OBVIOUSLY these are nothing but guesses and are totally meaningless at this point) but what a VERY VERY FRIENDLY projection for them and their fans

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                  hey Boze MAN i guess from the name you want them in seattle because that is not too bad a trip for you

but other than something like that i dont know why we would wish to go to the far northwest again. that is what the jacks had to do last time in final 16

i want to be in a region in twin cities or KC or somewhere JUST DOWN THE ROAD like the freaking red menace had last year

everyone says the gym in wichita was 75% red
                  so the only think stopping the jacks from having it 90% blue is Tx availability

usd really really blew a golden golden opportunity last year. they will NEVER be able to ask for a better chance to make a final 4

jacks have NEVER had a draw ANYTHING close to that. this year, it they stay healthy, i believe THEY WILL HAVE the team!!! hopefully they get the draw
                  Oh, I totally want Seattle Regional only for my own benefit of actually going to a tournament game in person. Otherwise, I agree with getting something close in the midwest.

This year's tournament only has two regionals for Sweet 16/Elite 8, Seattle and Greenville.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

Oh, I totally want Seattle Regional only for my own benefit of actually going to a tournament game in person. Otherwise, I agree with getting something close in the midwest.

This year's tournament only has two regionals for Sweet 16/Elite 8, Seattle and Greenville.
                    yes NOTHING WRONG with wanting to see your school without having to travel SO MUCH!!

given the options, i hope it works out for you

i would guess rabbit nation will be VERY respectably represented in either location, but i am still anxiously waiting for the first time we get to play close to home. Neither the women nor the men, have ever gotten that draw

i think the closest to home for both teams is playing in Oklahoma

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post

were you there when we played Oregon in the 19 tourney? just curious

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

were you there when we played Oregon in the 19 tourney? just curious
                        No. On vacation that week, and on a plane for that game, so I only got to see the final score . I probably wouldn't have made it down to Portland had I been home.

Comment

Latest edition of Charlie Creme's top 25 is out on ESPN.com. SDSU at #22, behind Nebraska (?).

Clearly, a bias towards Power 5 schools, and (perhaps) the un-willingness to consider mid-majors.

Texas is #3, Tennessee is #4, and Louisville is #7 - all at the Bahamas..

BTW, Utah plays Nov 21st at another Bahamian venue vs Alabama.
                          Last edited by GrandpaLee; 10-10-2022, 09:14 AM.

Comment

Working...
                          X