per Bruce Odsen...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• per Bruce Odsen...

AJ will be Minnesota's first choice if Whalen fails next season???
    dunno.........be very surprised if the Gophers hired a male.
    https://www.leadercourier-times.com/...277f079bc.html

This article originates in Clay/Union County area. I also doubt the Gophers would hire a male coach and I wonder which coffee shop the author heard this hot tip.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Not happening.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        This article originates in Clay/Union County area. I also doubt the Gophers would hire a male coach and I wonder which coffee shop the author heard this hot tip.
        Cafe Brule, I suspect

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          I think Old Hare is correct. Minnesota state laws and pressure at the "U" would discourage such a hire -- its not impossible and certainly AJ is deserving of consideration by Power 5 schools but watch for Minnesota to hire a woman coach for the women's basketball team.

And they'll keep avoiding AJ and his Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post

I think Old Hare is correct. Minnesota state laws and pressure at the "U" would discourage such a hire -- its not impossible and certainly AJ is deserving of consideration by Power 5 schools but watch for Minnesota to hire a woman coach for the women's basketball team.

And they'll keep avoiding AJ and his Jackrabbits.
            They already have male volleyball and hockey head coaches which also makes hiring a male bb coach unlikely.

Comment

There's a lot of reasons to think that AJ would have an interest in the Gophers. However, I'm not so sure any more. AJ has built the Jacks into a much stronger program than the Gophers. Plus, with his being a part of the Olympic U119 gold medal winning coaching staff his stock is on the rise. My point is that I'm not sure if AJ would leave for a P5 school that isn't a perennial power. The Gophers may be the exception with AJ being a MN native.

I've said it many times though. AJ has a great gig here. He has built an impressive program at SDSU is paid well, and has a wonderful life in Brookings. The bigger the job the more that goes with it. Only AJ knows what his future aspirations are. If he wants to move up, that opportunity will happen.

We all hope he finishes his career here.

These are great problems to have!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

He's already amongst the best coaches in WBB, p-5 or whatever, I think that's pretty well known in the basketball community.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                  He's already amongst the best coaches in WBB, p-5 or whatever, I think that's pretty well known in the basketball community.
                  I certainly agree with you. Could have written that better. My basic point is AJ is deserving of a job at an established P5 program if he so chooses.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

USD accused us of starting rumors of Dawn P going elsewhere (which actually happened) , could this be some kind of get even thing with their misguided thinking? I know it sounds silly, but......

Comment

I don't think AJ built a brand new custom house to move away in a year.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post

I certainly agree with you. Could have written that better. My basic point is AJ is deserving of a job at an established P5 program if he so chooses.

SUPERBUNNY
                        I agree with you, as you said, "great problems to have".

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                          I don't think AJ built a brand new custom house to move away in a year.
                          Plus his kids starting to get involved in school gives more reasons to stay.

Comment

if we could double his pay. I think that would seal the deal. Anytime you can double your pay its hard to pass that up.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              if we could double his pay. I think that would seal the deal. Anytime you can double your pay its hard to pass that up.
                              In the long run, for the continued success of the program, doubling his salary would be a bargain . Would it have to be approved by the BOR through. That'd be tough to convince them of that, but maybe they can see the logic and approve. If it's purely the University's decision, then it can be done a lot easier I think, just finding the money is all. They have a big budget they can manipulate, and generous fans,donors and alumni who'd like to help keeping the run of success going as long as possible.

Comment

Working...
                              X