WNIT GDT: Gophers vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena Midco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Jacks absolutely bottled up Scalia, who was 2nd team all B1G and has almost unlimited range. She shot 3-14, and at least two of those buckets came early in the game. And Timmer abused her taking it to the basket for 2 or 3 and-ones. Timmer has no fear driving it even against their bigs.
    yes they did a GREAT job on her!! i think they said the last 11 games she was averaging 21 and called her one of the best offensive players in the country.

and yes i think all 3fg might have been in the first Q, at least two were. she got two 3s pretty early off of less than perfect coverage of ball screens. i actually thought that LT really put the clamps on her when she got into the game and then maybe they went away from her a little or she got a little frustrated the rest of the first half. and they made almost all of her shots tough in the second half

LT has really lost confidence with her shooting lately, it appears. but she still plays very hard. such a good rebounder for a guard and not a big one at that

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Jacks absolutely bottled up Scalia, who was 2nd team all B1G and has almost unlimited range. She shot 3-14, and at least two of those buckets came early in the game. And Timmer abused her taking it to the basket for 2 or 3 and-ones. Timmer has no fear driving it even against their bigs.
      Scalia wasn't happy after the game. Walked straight out after the final horn and didn't even look back at the handshake line. An assistant coach ran after her. Probably not a good conversation with the coaches later on.
      Rollin' in my 5.0
      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

yes they did a GREAT job on her!! i think they said the last 11 games she was averaging 21 and called her one of the best offensive players in the country.

and yes i think all 3fg might have been in the first Q, at least two were. she got two 3s pretty early off of less than perfect coverage of ball screens. i actually thought that LT really put the clamps on her when she got into the game and then maybe they went away from her a little or she got a little frustrated the rest of the first half. and they made almost all of her shots tough in the second half

LT has really lost confidence with her shooting lately, it appears. but she still plays very hard. such a good rebounder for a guard and not a big one at that
        Scalia did a lot of falling down searching for fouls or her shoes were real slippery. LT did a great job of covering Scalia while she was in the game. Scalia's 8 points had to be frustrating as it was 10 less than her average. She was guarded by several Jackrabbits as the switches were all as intense as Irwin was early. Jackrabbits did a good job of going inside offensively.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

SDSU and USD both have great defenses, USD will lose 3 big parts of that, especially Sjerven, while we lose Irvin and hopefully we add to our defense a great post player, Meyer. Maybe we'll have the dominate defense in the Summit next season? Back to Minnesota, we've beaten them with two all time great players, Banham and Scalia, great players need great supporting players, no one player can carry the whole load. USD in the NCAA T proved that by limiting two super star post players by defeating first ole Miss and Shakira Austin and following it up with defeating Baylor and Nalyssa Smith.Before Usd starts puffing out their chest too much, the sweet 16 hallmark is tied 1 to 1, but the reaching the 2nd round is still 3 to 1 Jacks,with two of them narrow misses on last second buckets by #2 Baylor and #4 Stanford.They have to be reminded of facts constantly, even though they hate them.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-21-2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

from Gopherhole:
            Beware - Jacks fans in Frost can be nasty. There are a lot of great people there, but there are some very nasty fans that give a bad name to their fanbase. They yell insults at the girls that have nothing to do with basketball. In addition, most of their players are classy, hard workers, but Paiton Burckhard is a dirty player with a foul mouth. She hip checks players to the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post
              from Gopherhole:
              Beware - Jacks fans in Frost can be nasty. There are a lot of great people there, but there are some very nasty fans that give a bad name to their fanbase. They yell insults at the girls that have nothing to do with basketball. In addition, most of their players are classy, hard workers, but Paiton Burckhard is a dirty player with a foul mouth. She hip checks players to the floor.
              Lol. Goodness. Minnesota should worry about their own underperforming athletic department first.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

Lol. Goodness. Minnesota should worry about their own underperforming athletic department first.
                imagine what they have to say about USD and the swearing player and her mother at the games......
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by rimmer View Post
                  from Gopherhole:
                  Oddly enough, the “basketball mom” that wrote this on their board has a lot of posts about South Dakota basketball but appears to be from the MN region. I would not at all be surprised if that mom had a player playing for our rival school.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Watching the replay, Scalia scored her final points just under a minute into the 2nd quarter.

Comment

Oddly enough, the “basketball mom” that wrote this on their board has a lot of posts about South Dakota basketball but appears to be from the MN region. I would not at all be surprised if that mom had a player playing for our rival school.
                      What a petty-ass attempt to stir things up for a game they had absolutely no stake in. Glad to see that no one on their board even acknowledged the BS.

Comment

Here's the post game comments from the gopher game. Here's Coach Whalens gracious comments, much respect.

Comment

Or "Hoopsmom" with a location around Rogers? Hmmm?

Comment

Sissoko is the latest Gopher to hit the portal. Whalen has had a lot of talented players transfer out, and after last Sunday a big part of it seems that she isn't a very good coach. And that " hey, do you know who I am " attitude that she seems to project probably doesn't help either.

Comment

Working...
                            X