SLT GDT: ORU vs SDSU 12:30pm Premier Center

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SLT GDT: ORU vs SDSU 12:30pm Premier Center

The Golden Eagles advance as the #4 seed to the semifinal. Lippe was hot yesterday in the win over the FnHawks when she scored 22. Their post Scott played a few more minutes than she normally is called. ORU will not be able to score 26 in the first half and enjoy a lead today. The 24 they scored in the 4th quarter was the difference in the win yesterday. UND outrebounded them 54-37 while shooting 31% as the paint was finally dry at the end of the game. The Jackrabbits will need to get after the Golden Eagles early and run as they have done effectively. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Oru isn't missing their only shot at basket each possession. Eagles going deep into shot clock, trying to slow game. OrU knows it cannot run witj the Rabbits

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

18-14, Jacks up after 1st.

Comment

I know Meyer had the big impact on this team as a freshman, but I think Timmer her future is sky high. She is probably the most athletic player on the floor. Her skills on defense is impressive and she is shooting well. The future is bright for this team with players like her on the bench and being able to take more of a roll going forward.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Selland is clutch. Timmer is underrated and a difference maker. Hoping Lindsey can get an offensive rhythm today as she hasn’t found it yet. Nelson also quiet today. Would be good to get everyone firing on all cylinders for tomorrow (assuming we win).

Comment

USD women are going to love how physical the refs are letting teams play. Good thing is we can play phsical also. but USD wont have to worry about foul trouble. I think we have handled it ok, but need to be more efficient on offense. holding them to 20 a half is good. Seems thats the only way teams can play SDSU women or men for that matter is just to ugly it up.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

We aren’t responding well to the officiating. Letting them bully us when they are on offense instead of being physical like the officials are allowing. We need to adjust to the physical level of play being allowed as USD will push the limits.

Greer/Theunick 0-3 on wide open 3’s. Theunick not pressuring the ball at all allowing easy passes to the post. They seriously need to pick it up.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                USD women are going to love how physical the refs are letting teams play. Good thing is we can play phsical also. but USD wont have to worry about foul trouble. I think we have handled it ok, but need to be more efficient on offense. holding them to 20 a half is good. Seems thats the only way teams can play SDSU women or men for that matter is just to ugly it up.
                ORU only scored 6 points in 2nd qtr. That's a pretty impressive D by the Jacks. Timmer been quick up a d down floor

Comment

Up 23. Let Timmer get some run at the point. I’ve seen enough of the other two.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Up 23. Let Timmer get some run at the point. I’ve seen enough of the other two.
                    I was just thinking let Irwin run point and Timmer move into Irwins roll. Or frankly let Selland bring it up and start the offense. That would probably allow it to flow more. give more minutes to Theisen and Timmer.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I was just thinking let Irwin run point and Timmer move into Irwins roll. Or frankly let Selland bring it up and start the offense. That would probably allow it to flow more. give more minutes to Theisen and Timmer.
                      Exactly. Anything is better than this.

Comment

Definitely going to need some points out of the 1 tomorrow. That's what Paige brought.

Going to be tough to create offense against the Yotes without her.

That said, the defense looks solid, and the team overall, runs the court with great pace...which playing with Paige has gotten so much better even with her out.

Comment

right now i am hoping we get the same refs from the usd umkc game. umkc really missed an opportunity to makeup ground with sjervin and lamb on the bench with 3 fouls.

that said i am not particularly cheering for umkc. i am NOT cheering for usd of course!!! but WBB is probably the one place where i do look forward a bit to play them, despite what i said about not enjoy play them in anything. but obviously the jacks and usd are quite a bit ahead of the rest of the league in WBB so while i celebrate and enjoy any championship and a trip to the ncaa there is a little more satisfaction from beating the other best team

i still dont like them, except for chloe lamb, i cant stand the way the coach, most of the team, or their fans act

i think there is some chance they drop off after the big 3 are gone. and while i would love to see that because it is not possible in ANY way for me to cheer for them!!! i also recognize that, at this time, we do benefit from them being good. if they drop off very much, then we will not have much of an opportunity to improve our seeding for the ncaa once we finish the OOC schedule

and for those who have already decided that they will be terrible, i would be at least a little bit hesitant to count those chickens before they hatch. i TOTALLY AGREE that we have the better younger players and i think we have GREAT GREAT recruits coming!! but i think it is possible they have players who can rise to another level when they are given the opportunity and i think that they will not easily allow themselves to go backward from the heights they have reached

if they do i will enjoy it)))!!! and if they dont then i will appreciate what the rabbits gain by having them as a high quality opponent. while i feel like the men have several rivals in the conference, usd is really the only rival for the women

Comment

as far as our team, remember this roster dominated the conference and beat usd twice last year. and maybe myah is not ALL THE WAY back but she looks very very good, and we have added timmer, and i think much better versions of T nelson and Kallie. it would be AWESOME if tylee could have one of her big offensive games, like the one she had last time against them

i really think the biggest thing we miss with Paige is the weapon of her play off ball screens. and if you watched the usd umkc game you saw a great example of how great paige is at that. Alnatas is a great player but in the second half when usd doubled her off ball screens she handled it BADLY! they really should have stopped ball screens

i do NOT expect that to happen tomorrow because without paige, for the most part, we dont use ball screens. but i would be TOTALLY SHOCKED if anyone ever has success using that strategy against paige!! she is such a great passer off that action i beleive she finds the open person and makes the defense pay for the double. seeing a player as talented as Alnatas struggle so much really points out how talented paige is at this

Comment

They have the super three, we have the Super four, our bench is better, advantage Jacks, let;s go rabbits!

Comment

Working...
                              X