POY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• POY

any predictions before the league awards come out in the next day or two?

I feel like it is probably still Alnatas. her team did finish strong but her play was down a little second half compared to first, so maybe she opened the door for somebody else. i thought at halfway point she was really an easy choice

i think Myah would really make a strong case for best player in the second half of the conference season. i think she averaged around 18 a game second half. and while her rebound and assist numbers were down from last year. i think she is still quite clearly the best player on the best team from start to finish of conference play

for those who pay attention to how much i loathe another team, this may be a surprise, but every now and again they have a player there who i really respect and enjoy. and mostly wish they had made a better choice of schools))) Chloe Lamb is definitely one of those!! and i think she would be a deserving winner. i think she has been the key for them much more this year. where last year it was more sjveren or however you spell it. sjerven is still the key to the defensive end but lamb is really tough on D also and she is clearly their most valuable player on offense. i think they would really REALLY struggle to score if you took Lamb out of their lineup

anyway i think Alnatas still probably gets it but i would be happy for the south dakota kid to get it, even if she did choose the wrong school. and i do not care what the reasoning or circumstances they are ALWAYS the wrong school)))

i do imagine the und gal gets some attention but even leading the league in scoring, i do not think her stats were dominant enough to overcome her team place in the standings. i think they winner comes off one of the top 3 teams and i really do not see it being a jackrabbit unfortunately. they have been much more of a team effort with lots of contributions and different people starring in different games

I think it's still Alnatas. Good scorer and led the league in assists on a team that "overachieved" by finishing 3rd.

My first team is:
    Naomie Alnatas, KC (POY)
    Myah Selland, SDSU
    Chloe Lamb, USD
    Hannah Sjerven, USD
    Kacie Borowicz, UND
    Uju Ezeudu, DU

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
      I think it's still Alnatas. Good scorer and led the league in assists on a team that "overachieved" by finishing 3rd.

My first team is:
      Naomie Alnatas, KC (POY)
      Myah Selland, SDSU
      Chloe Lamb, USD
      Hannah Sjerven, USD
      Kacie Borowicz, UND
      Uju Ezeudu, DU
      My heart says put Paige on there, but its hard to argue that list either.

Comment

I could not remember the number they put on first team is it 6. if it is 6 there will be some very deserving players left off of first team.

I think both Myah and Paige are deserving and i would have guessed both make it. and if you choose only one that is TOUGH!! paige better from start to finish but myah has really really started to be dominant again and wow it is tough to imagine her NOT be first team

i agree i think both sjerven and lamb. and sjerven is probably DPOY. korngable is really valuable and is easily a first team all conf type, but clearly the #3 of their big 3. i will be shocked if she is not second team

from KC of course Alnatas, but their center is also very deserving. i think Mc David. one of few players to win multiple player of the week this season and either in or close to top 5 in both scoring and rebounding

ORU- T Moore

UND- Borowicz

Denver- Ezeudu

i feel like i could be forgetting somebody, but those nine are all really first team type players and it will be sad for those who do not make it, and korngable is not far off

if it is only 6, my list is

Selland and Myer
        Lamb and Sjerven
        Alnatas
        Borowicz

Comment

My second team would be:
          Tirzah Moore, ORU (ROY)
          Paige Meyer, SDSU
          Liv Korngable, USD
          Brooklyn McDavid, KC
          Danni Nichols, WIU

Comment

Lamb is POY, Sjerven is defensive POY. Tirzah Moore is freshman and Brooklyn McDavis is newcomer. Grace Larkins is 6th man

Comment

AJ is coach of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                Lamb is POY, Sjerven is defensive POY. Tirzah Moore is freshman and Brooklyn McDavis is newcomer. Grace Larkins is 6th man
                Not a bad call with Lamb, she had a good year. I wonder if the last 2 games against the SD schools where she was shut down cost Alnatas POY? I had Ezeudu and McDavid switched which I think came down to the last 2 weeks where Lamb/McDavid having big weeks elevated their stock.

Larkins as 6th woman of the year is absolute crap though. Thiesen is much more deserving as she played a role not only offensively but defensively. The award likely would have again gone to Nero from KC but she appears to have gotten booted from the team. Interesting last years FOY Coleman from ORU is no longer on their roster either.

AJ winning was well deserved. Was there another team who improved as much over the course of the year as the Jacks?

Comment

USD with more players on the all conference team. And the POY and DPOY. And they tied with SDSU, so AJ obviously deserved to be coach of the year.

I'm sure fans down south will find something to complain about.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                    USD with more players on the all conference team. And the POY and DPOY. And they tied with SDSU, so AJ obviously deserved to be coach of the year.

I'm sure fans down south will find something to complain about.
                    well they have more on first team. and i would agree that both sjerven and lamb are ahead of paige at this point. NO DOUBT a very good argument can be made for Paige and i had her on my first team as stated earlier. but you can definitely make a good case for the group that was selected. who would you take off??

that said the rabbit entire starting team made an all conference team.

i think they did a LOT LOT better job with the WBB awards, when compared to the men

my only argument with the WBB awards is Larkins as 6th woman, as opposed to the MBB awards where i think the rabbits were GROSSLY under recognized!!!

Comment

Comparison:

Player A: 18.1 minpg, 6.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.1 bpg, 0.97 spg
                      Player B: 18.9 minpg, 6.2 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 bpg, 0.79 spg

So comparing the numbers of these two players, which one had the better season?

Comment

Comparison:

Player A: 18.1 minpg, 6.3 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.1 apg, 0.1 bpg, 0.97 spg
                        Player B: 18.9 minpg, 6.2 ppg, 4.6 rpg, 1.1 apg, 1.1 bpg, 0.79 spg

So comparing the numbers of these two players, which one had the better season?
                        add in Haliegh Timmer also in your stats there. Thats my guess is Thesien and Timmer stole votes against each other.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

add in Haliegh Timmer also in your stats there. Thats my guess is Thesien and Timmer stole votes against each other.
                          Theisen I think had a little better resume and more rationale to be the winner which is why I used her numbers instead of Timmers. I don't know about them eating each other as I don't quite know how the voting is done. I assume there are votes for 1-X with points given for each vote and then most points wins? It just seems clear to me that one player has better numbers playing on an equally good team and is more deserving than the player who ultimately won.

Comment

Theisen I think had a little better resume and more rationale to be the winner which is why I used her numbers instead of Timmers. I don't know about them eating each other as I don't quite know how the voting is done. I assume there are votes for 1-X with points given for each vote and then most points wins? It just seems clear to me that one player has better numbers playing on an equally good team and is more deserving than the player who ultimately won.
                            I just meant that if you throw in Timmers numbers, it would be comparable. like if you look at numbers it would have been drawing one out of a hat.

Do their numbers change much from conference games compared to the full season?

I think if those who vote looked at how players were against their own school, some games Timmer had a better performance off the bench and some games Theisen was. my vote was Theisen as 6th player. Mostly because of my rose colored glasses, and also because I dont know enough about other teams, but figured it would be between us and USD and maybe KC.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

totally agree that Kallie was more deserving. she also should get credit for playing a bigger role and really helping to weather the storm while myah was coming back. did that hurt her?? did some people not vote for her because she started too many games in their mind????

anyway this is the only result i disagree with on the women side. the men side has a lot of unexplainable results

Comment

Working...
                              X