GDT: ORU Golden Eagles vs SDSU Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: ORU Golden Eagles vs SDSU Jackrabbits 7pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

ORU pulls into Frost in 4th place which is above the preseason #6 pick. There will be 4 ORU seniors/grad students playing for the last time in Frost. It is also the first time for FOY candidate Tirzah Moore(17ppg & 6.7rpg & 54.7%fg) not to be confused with her sister Trinity Moore(although I think they used the same picture for both. They have won 5 of 6 games in February with the only loss to the Roos. 6'3" center Scott is the 2nd leading scorer/rebounder with 20 minutes/game in conference. Scott is limited in playing time as she carries a bit of extra weight. I expect the Jackrabbits to be tough each of the last 2 home games to secure at least a tie for first place and conference champs. Brookings will not be able to offer as much snow as Tulsa, but we will make up for that in cold temps. Go Jacks!!

I find that Midco/ESPN+ will be carrying the game.
    Last edited by OldHare; 02-24-2022, 12:50 PM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

The ORU freshman post is impressive. We are more impressive though. Should take care of business Saturday to enter the tourney on a high note.

Comment

Really did not play well and still rolled. Very impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Really did not play well and still rolled. Very impressive.
        I didn't think they played a bad game, made mistakes yes, but Myah is becoming the Myah we once knew again. That's the difference.

Comment

This team is playing more balanced and effective offense and solid defense. I think we are the team tp beat. When we play our best no one in the conference can beat us.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            This team is playing more balanced and effective offense and solid defense. I think we are the team tp beat. When we play our best no one in the conference can beat us.
            Meyer and Selland are the linch pins.

Comment

Lots of missed bunnies, especially the first half. As well as they played there was a lot more there. But have to agree, Meyer is the creator and Selland the main finisher. But so many girls on this team that can hurt you.

On a side note, Byom has started to look really good. Having her play well adds another nice piece of size for next year. And Nesheim has shown some improved aggression and improved shooting to go with her athleticism. Vlastuin seems to have harnessed her inner Rachel Walters and has plummeted down the depth chart.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post

Meyer and Selland are the linch pins.
                You can tell by the way Nelson and Kallie Theisen are flowing in the offense much better compared to the beginning of the year.

I think we are going to be spoiled with timmer also. Does so many things well. Really expecting a breakout year next year for her.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

For my money, the accelerated pace was awesome, stressing ORU to near exhaustion in the second half.

Could be a preview of 2022-23 Jacks with transition BB, entertaining athleticism, and worn-down opposition.

Love the run-outs, with crisp passing, guard/wing post-ups, and overplaying on defense to deny/challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
                    For my money, the accelerated pace was awesome, stressing ORU to near exhaustion in the second half.

Could be a preview of 2022-23 Jacks with transition BB, entertaining athleticism, and worn-down opposition.

Love the run-outs, with crisp passing, guard/wing post-ups, and overplaying on defense to deny/challenge.
                    I agree , Grandpa Lee said it best, We are getting to the point of playing so well together, that they are expanding things a little, while our old defense wasn't bad, it was good, we are playing even better defense now. Our offense is much better at picking the defense apart methodically, moving people around to get better spacing, passes are excellent, while mixing it with fast break action when we have that opportunity too, and individual play also, just fun to watch. I like it we've given our opposition much more to have to deal with, prepare for, heading into the stretch. Also, developing the bench players is really starting to pay off, a lot of teams don't bother to do that, to their own detriment IMO.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-26-2022, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X