Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs St Thomas Tommies 1pm Schoenecker Arena TommieSports.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs St Thomas Tommies 1pm Schoenecker Arena TommieSports.com

WBB Jackrabbits visit Schoenecker Arena for the first time. The Tommies(3-12) are loading for the future. There are 7 freshmen on the team with 2 new recruits readied for next season. The yotes defeated them 73-46 on Thursday. Head coach & alum Ruth Sinn is in her 17th season and likely her worst record of those years. She will likely be turning the D1 part of the program into a winning one. Freshman PG Hill is a candidate for newcomer & freshman recognition. Meanwhile, SDSU freshmen Meyer & Timmer approach the end of the season with at least equal recognitions available for newcomer & 6th player. Defensive pressure could make this a run away early for the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    WBB Jackrabbits visit Schoenecker Arena for the first time. The Tommies(3-12) are loading for the future. There are 7 freshmen on the team with 2 new recruits readied for next season. The yotes defeated them 73-46 on Thursday. Head coach & alum Ruth Sinn is in her 17th season and likely her worst record of those years. She will likely be turning the D1 part of the program into a winning one. Freshman PG Hill is a candidate for newcomer & freshman recognition. Meanwhile, SDSU freshmen Meyer & Timmer approach the end of the season with at least equal recognitions available for newcomer & 6th player. Defensive pressure could make this a run away early for the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!
    Sinn was another USA-BB asst. coach (for U16 team that won gold in 2019).

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Sinn was another USA-BB asst. coach (for U16 team that won gold in 2019).
      She's got really good credentials, she knows what elite talent looks like, it's likely she'll be a great recruiter in Div 1 just like AJ and for that reason I think the Tommies will probably rise up to the upper teir of the Summit pretty quickly. Just my opinion.

Comment

Any reason for why no Timmer today?

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
          Any reason for why no Timmer today?
          Scotty mentioned on radio that she was absent for family funeral

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Scotty mentioned on radio that she was absent for family funeral
            Thanks! Was hoping it wasn’t injury related. But prayers for her and her family for the loss.

Comment

Myah with 24 pts in 24 minutes today. shooting 60% fg and 67% 3pt. i think that is over 20pts in 3 of the last 4. it really seems like we are getting more and more of the real Myah. that is awesome and exciting!!

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

Thanks! Was hoping it wasn’t injury related. But prayers for her and her family for the loss.
                We were fortunate not to have a players family members pass away for many years, this season we've had two. That's a big downside to the season, but something that is totally uncontrolable and unfortunate. My prayers to Haleigh and her family also.

Comment

Paige is so so good off the ball screen!! it is going to be really fun to see how she continues to develop. i really cannot think of another player we have had like this. partly, I think because it has been something maybe AJ was avoiding a little

related to this, i think Kallie has benefitted as much or more than anyone from the play of Paige. she does a nice job of rolling and finding space after the screen and Paige is a wizard at getting the ball to her and others after those screens. i think this has really been a big key to opening up the offensive game for Kallie this year.

a bit of an off day for Kallie on the FT today but she looks WAY better this year. her and myah both today at 50% from the line. i feel like i notice this team maybe lose focus a bit at the foul line when they have a comfortable lead. they seem to be more than solid when the game is on the line

Comment

I like the zip Paige can put on her passes when warranted, that really discourages and frustrates those lazy pass jumpers to no end.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 02-20-2022, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X