GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks 7pm Western Hall ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Leathernecks 7pm Western Hall ESPN+

The Jackrabbits arrived in Macomb yesterday to open the last conference road trip of the season. 5-9 WIU has won 2 home conference games this season. They had a 2 game winning streak on the North Dakota trip. JD Gravina's Leathernecks were preseason 7th choice and they are in 7th place. The Leathernecks were trounced in Brookings and they may have a few marks from that game. Gravina will certainly have his team up for this last week homestand games. Jackrabbits will need to keep the defense dialed up to keep the 3pt shooters from getting hot. Go Jacks!!

TIP IS 6PM NOT 7PM/ SORRY ABOUT THAT!
    Last edited by OldHare; 02-17-2022, 08:33 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

The state of WIU’s program is honestly sad at this point. I like their coach but the gym is basically empty, the announcers I’m guessing are college students (hopefully not professionals), and their team looks completely outmatched.

Comment

Their student play callers i think generally do a good job. Not homers really but are working on there craft.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Also no espn+? Ive got no video.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          Also no espn+? Ive got no video.
          ESPN+ has had a lot of issues lately. Free through the WIU website. https://goleathernecks.com/watch/?Live=1654&type=Live

Comment

Jacks up 16 at the half, and honestly could be 30 if we were hitting all the 3 footers that haven't dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
              Jacks up 16 at the half, and honestly could be 30 if we were hitting all the 3 footers that haven't dropped.
              I hear ya.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
                The state of WIU’s program is honestly sad at this point. I like their coach but the gym is basically empty, the announcers I’m guessing are college students (hopefully not professionals), and their team looks completely outmatched.
                It’s like he’s trying to copy the positionless SDSU type game, but with 5’9 to 5’10 girls instead of 6’+ like we do

Comment

Not that you are wrong. But, in their defense they were having a winter storm there. FWIW

Comment

We took this game the 3rd quarter, great 3rd quarter by the Jacks. I liked the way the refs called this game, not too many fouls called, but they kept control so that the play wasn't overly rough.

Comment

The box score did not list the attendance.
                      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

It’s like he’s trying to copy the positionless SDSU type game, but with 5’9 to 5’10 girls instead of 6’+ like we do
                        Zars has to have 2 or 3 inches on our posts, but she doesn't have great offensive skills, and they don't really use her very well.

Comment

Western from the bit o saw just looked sloppy and just not that good.

Comment

Working...
                          X